Ethanol free petrol…

Issues with balancing, jets, filters, etc
ZoneAdmin
Site Admin

Ethanol free petrol…

Post by ZoneAdmin »

Information I just found on ESSO site, I was not aware of this. There is a search facility for availability in UK and some countries in Europe (sorry Freddy, there is no mention of Australia).

“What’s in our Synergy Supreme+ 99 premium petrol
Our Synergy Supreme+ 99 petrol has more cleaning power than our regular petrol – and includes molecules whose job it is to reduce the friction in your engine helping the moving parts work more efficiently.*

Although our pumps have E5 labels on them, our Synergy Supreme+ 99 is actually ethanol free (except, due to technical supply reasons, in Devon, Cornwall, North Wales, North England and Scotland). Legislation requires us to place these E5 labels on pumps that dispense unleaded petrol with ‘up to 5% ethanol’, including those that contain no ethanol, which is why we display them on our Synergy Supreme+ 99 pumps.

There’s currently no requirement for renewable fuel, like ethanol, to be present in super unleaded petrol although this could change in the future, in which case we would comply with any new legislation.”

;)
Regards
Dennis

Current bikes: Zephyr 750 C4, Zephyr 750 C3
-------------------------------------------------------
Previous bikes: Kawasaki Z1000 A2, Kawasaki KH400 A4, Kawasaki KH250 B1
Freddy

Re: Ethanol free petrol…

Post by Freddy »

No problem purchasing ethanol free fuel in Australia. None of our higher rated octane fuels contain ethanol, and 'standard' ethanol free fuel is widely available. Approximately 50% of city service stations sell it, and virtually all rural service stations.
marvo

Post by marvo »

Great info thanks, wish we still had the old 5 star that the old Jags etc loved.
Stereordinary

Post by Stereordinary »

I’m in America, and recently found an app for my phone called Pure Gas that tells me where the nearest ethanol-free gas is. And it turned out there is a station that has it only two miles from my house.
A breeze from the west.