Idle mix setting on 750 C1

Issues with balancing, jets, filters, etc
Pete

Idle mix setting on 750 C1

Post by Pete »

Hi all,

I’m having some issues with my 750 missing on cylinder one. I was thinking it might be mixture settings so checked my carbies. All were out about 5 turns which seems excessive. My Haynes manual says 1 5/8.

I have a stage 1 jet kit installed but wouldn’t think that would impact the idle screw setting s much?. I’ll check the instructions again tomorrow.

Setting the idle screws on number 3 is driving me nuts btw. Can anyone recommend a tool to make this easier?

Cheers,

Pete.
Current Stable: 1991 Kawasaki Zephyr 750 C1, 1972 BSA Thunderbolt 650
==============================================================
Departed: 1978 Yamaha 250 Special, 1980 Yamaha SR 500 Single, 1984 Honda VF1000F, 1982 Yamaha XJ650 Turbo
Freddy

Re: Idle mix setting on 750 C1

Post by Freddy »

Pete wrote:
Setting the idle screws on number 3 is driving me nuts btw. Can anyone recommend a tool to make this easier?

Cheers,

Pete.
The tool I use is a short screw driver fitting from a cheap set of 'tools' for an impact screwdriver. It's about 25mm long (guess without going down the workshop and measuring), flat blade one end, hex end the other where it fits into a universal adapter.

P.S. Don't even think of attempting the job when the engine is hot. There is nothing actually to be gained other than burning your hands as you can't determine correct adjustment by engine 'beat' on a CV type carby like a conventional carburetor.
hugojose

Re: Idle mix setting on 750 C1

Post by hugojose »

Before I switched to manual cam chain tensioner for maintenance reasons, I used 1/2 of a tweezer's leg. .................actually, I still use it, even though the inconvenience disappeared with the manual tensioner.