Tank/Frame Compatibility - Fitting a Different Tank on a 550

Issues with balancing, jets, filters, etc
Stereordinary

Tank/Frame Compatibility - Fitting a Different Tank on a 550

Post by Stereordinary »

So I have this fun project in the works. What I’m gonna do is buy a full second set of tank and plastics for my Zephyr 550, paint everything and then swap it all onto my bike. I’ll be able to swap between the sets and change up the look of the bike. No, it won’t make me a better rider, but it’ll be a nice attention getter, and at the very least I’ll have backup parts in case I ever break anything. Plus it’s been a while since I’ve done any paintwork, and I enjoy the process.

I’ve ordered a rear tail fairing, and side panels, but they’re coming from Germany so I don’t expect to see them for a while. The problem is, there are no gas/petrol tanks available anywhere. I’m in no rush here, but those things are rare as heck. So my question is, are there any other tanks that anyone knows of that directly swap onto the 550 frame? Like maybe a GPZ550 tank? Or the Japan-only Zephyr 400X?

Or if anyone here has a spare tank they wanna sell me that would be super helpful. :P
A breeze from the west.
Freddy

Re: Tank/Frame Compatibility - Fitting a Different Tank on a

Post by Freddy »

There's one for sale on ebay ..... https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/90-Kawasaki ... ctupt=true

You said you like panel and paint work.
Stereordinary

Re: Tank/Frame Compatibility - Fitting a Different Tank on a

Post by Stereordinary »

I would laugh if I wasn’t cringing so much.
A breeze from the west.