What have you done today, Zephyr-wise?

Introduce yourself, share your heroic Zephyr tales, put the world to rights, gossip, etc.
David Richard

Re: What have you done today, Zephyr-wise?

Post by David Richard »

hi shedman both looking very nice,and its must be a relieve to have the zephyr in a1 condition i hate things on any of mine not right ,david
Shedman

Post by Shedman »

David Richard wrote:hi shedman both looking very nice,and its must be a relieve to have the zephyr in a1 condition i hate things on any of mine not right ,david
Thanks David, TBH I was getting well pissed off with the Zephyr and was in the frame of mind to sell it as it was just one problem after another. It wasn't until I sussed that the wiring and electrics were wrong for the bike that I found the real starting point to cure all of its problem's once and for all time. The only things that I intend to do now is to rebuild the rear brakes and replace the rear disc, then have the frame and swing arm powder coated. Everything else has been either refurbished or replaced with genuine Kwak parts wherever possible.
After sorting the electrics it is like a new bike, not just the starting, the whole charisma of the bike has changed.
David Richard

Post by David Richard »

morning shedman ,yes i know what you mean ,they get under your skin i dont care how old they are they are still good simple bikes ,
Shedman

Post by Shedman »

David Richard wrote:morning shedman ,yes i know what you mean ,they get under your skin i dont care how old they are they are still good simple bikes ,
Good morning David, I'm looking forward to a whole new relationship with my Zephyr, the way it was before compared to the way it is now is like two completely different bikes.
I know that if I went to start it now it would fire up straight away where as before it would nearly drain the battery before it came to life.
I went through all of the electrical components a few times with the multimeter but everything always checked out, apart from the ECU, so I changed the ECU, same problem, it always sparked but it was never a very good spark.
It was only when I was poking around inside the headlamp that I noticed the extra wires for the indicators that started me on the track of the wrong wiring, I'd always assumed that the C1 had different switchgear to the C4 because Kawasaki had changed the spec's between the models.
My bike has had so many bodge artist previous owners that I really am surprised that it wasn't scrapped a very long time ago! If yer gonna fix it then fix it right!
Every day is a school day!
Freddy

Post by Freddy »

Shedman wrote: My bike has had so many bodge artist previous owners that I really am surprised that it wasn't scrapped a very long time ago! If yer gonna fix it then fix it right!
Every day is a school day!
Yep, nothing will put most bikes in the junk yard quicker than poor repairs or budget 'improvements'.
Shedman

Post by Shedman »

I Taxed it and went for a ride, only to go shopping though.........and the very long way home.......with no shopping......but I did have a rucksack.
David Richard

Post by David Richard »

hi shedman ,with all the gremlins sorted out i bet it felt like a new bike ,im sure you can offer to help out with more shopping chores ,borris might give us a break shortly fingers crossed ,david
kinkyfreestyler

Post by kinkyfreestyler »

polished the wheels then rode 50 miles to pick up my lad ,who had tooth ache so rode 700 miles back without him
Shedman

Post by Shedman »

David Richard wrote:hi shedman ,with all the gremlins sorted out i bet it felt like a new bike ,im sure you can offer to help out with more shopping chores ,borris might give us a break shortly fingers crossed ,david
Hi David, the bike ran so smooth that it felt like a new one. The newly rebuilt front brakes were a joy as well, just the rear brakes to do and I'm calling her done!
I think we'll all be glad when the Kung Flu is over with but I agree with keeping the Social Distancing in crowded places like shops and such, I try to stay out of those places as much as possible with or without the virus.
Swampy

Post by Swampy »

Today I reached inside my VacBag to remove the dehumidifier bag that I placed in there last Nov I think it was when I put the bike away for its winter lay over.
I decided that with the lockdown it will be mid summer before we can get out, so cant be arsed with getting it put together and running for a few months and then drain it and the rest to put it back in its bag in the winter...
So looking forward to spring 2021, when hopefully we can meet up at Reading and the like.
Those of you out and about on your bikes now, enjoy and be careful out there, See you all soon...

Swamps :)
Attachments
1.JPG
2.PNG
Last edited by Swampy on 18 May 2020, 22:52, edited 1 time in total.
Swamps :)