New Admin needed for the Zephyr Zone

Introduce yourself, share your heroic Zephyr tales, put the world to rights, gossip, etc.

Re: New Admin needed for the Zephyr Zone

Postby Richard » 05 Jun 2018, 13:42

andye wrote:Hi Richard

I would be willing to help. Although I don't know anything about forum software, I am reasonably computer literate & willing to learn.

Regards

Andy

Thanks for your offer Andy!
What we could do is make you a co-admin for daily management tasks, or more weekly as I don't expect a lot needs to be done. I expect it's mostly approving new users. Then I will take the more admin type of tasks like backups, updates and monitoring storage etc.

Management of a phpBB forum is completely done using HTTP. There are guides available at: phpBB just to give you an idea ;)

@Steve can you share the activities you're doing on a perhaps more regular basis so we have a better idea of what's required?
Richard

Re: New Admin needed for the Zephyr Zone

Postby ZoneAdmin » 12 Jun 2018, 12:25

Richard wrote:@Steve can you share the activities you're doing on a perhaps more regular basis so we have a better idea of what's required?

Most regular activity is verifying new members. You get an email notifying you a member has joined. There are two links, one to look at the profile, one to verify the registration.

There is also a moderation board to keep check on - this is where posts appear if someone has reported them. This has been largely empty since I improved the registration process with the incredibly cunning "what engine size can find in a Zephyr?" challenge question. I don't think a single Russia spam bot (or person) has signed up since.

Longer term, there may be security updates to do on the phpBB, and backups to take, plus developing the forum to add in new features.
ZoneAdmin
Site Admin

Previous

Return to The Zephyr Lounge