Hi everybody!!

Introduce yourself, share your heroic Zephyr tales, put the world to rights, gossip, etc.
Silverkap

Hi everybody!!

Post by Silverkap »

I’m 39, Italian but I have been living and working in Germany since 2014...
Last Friday I bought a Zephyr 1100 1992 m.y. ...my KTM 990 Adv felt a bit lonely...so I decided to give her a new friend!
I’m gonna bring it home next Sunday (I live in Munich and the bike is in Hamburg, I bought it without even riding it!).
Later I’ll add some pics.
It looks awesome with wire spikes wheels and 4 in 4 exhaust, like the Z1 900!!!
I have been looking for a Zephyr for a long time but I never really saw one that made me think “do it!”...until last week!

Why the Zephyr?
I like the old Kawasaki (not the new anymore). This passion comes from my mum (in the 70s she used to ride a Mach III !!!)...a few years ago she wanted a motorbike again and she loved the Zephyr...but the weight and the size was too much for her. So I promised her, that I would have bought it to enjoy some tours together.
Unfortunately a few months ago she passed away...so I thought now was the moment.

I just hope is not going to be too small for me, I’m pretty tall and I’m scared I’m gonna look like a giant on it. Who cares! Now I own a Zephyr!!
Silverkap

Re: Hi everybody!!

Post by Silverkap »

Here we go!

At the moment I have only the pictures the previous owner sent me.

I am just a bit skeptical about the handlebars, I know it is like the Z1 900 but I am not sure I like it...I have to wait and see it better live.

Is there anything I have to know before next Sunday when I am gonna also ride it? Thanks!
dcf750

Post by dcf750 »

Hello Silverkap

Hamburg to Munich will be a good first journey to get to know the bike, 800km’ish.

I like you am a fan of the original Kawasaki’s - H1, H2, KH, Z1 etc.

I would have liked to have met your mother, a 500 triple is not for the faint hearted.

Good luck.

Dennis
Den

Zephyr 750 C4
Zephyr 750 C3
————————-
Z1000-A2 1979
KH400-A4 1977
KH250-B1 1976
Silverkap

Post by Silverkap »

I am gonna use a van to bring the bike home...there is still snow here and it is pretty cold. ;)
ZR468

Post by ZR468 »

Welcome to the site. Looks like a well kept machine that you bought. You said you had concerns about the handlebar. Since your other bike is a KTM, I presume is the riding position that you have concerns.
Kenny
Silverkap

Post by Silverkap »

Hi ZR468, I meant the shape of the handlebar, for the look.
750R

Post by 750R »

nice Bike - and welcome from 60 kilometers south of you ;)

Habedieehre!
Silverkap

Post by Silverkap »

Finally my new friend is at home!!! Everything works perfectly and the bike is in amazing, really amazing conditions!!! Unfortunately I am really tall and I have to find a way to make the riding position a bit better for me, at the moment for my legs there is a huge lack of space...the distance between the seat at the foot-pegs is too few. I think I will modify a bit the seat, 3-4cm higher may help without ruining the beauty of this Zephyr...or I'll see if there is the possibility to make the rear shocks higher and get some cm...

Silverkap

Post by Silverkap »

Sorry all the pics are either cut or rotated! :roll:

60km south...sounds pretty close!!!
ZR468

Post by ZR468 »

Very nice bike, I see what you mean about the handle bar. It doesn’t look like the stock one. It looks like it has a higher rise.