New Admin (still) needed for the Zephyr Zone

Introduce yourself, share your heroic Zephyr tales, put the world to rights, gossip, etc.
ZoneAdmin
Site Admin

New Admin (still) needed for the Zephyr Zone

Post by ZoneAdmin »

Hello Zoners,

I'm still looking for someone to take over running the Zephyr Zone.

I attempted to find someone last year, but it never got anywhere.

I'm no longer a Zephyr owner, and don't have time to develop the Zone any further.

I've looked after the Zone for 8 years now, so it's definitely someone else's turn.

The domain renewal is due on 25th May - I would like a new admin in place well before this.

The new forum runs on phpBB forum software. It is currently hosted by Ultimate Web Hosting. I picked them as they were the only company that would put up with the dodgy software on which the old forum ran - until it got too much even for them, hence the new forum. They are also quite cheap - £30 per year, which includes domain name and email.

Happy to answer questions about what's involved, but ideally the new Admin should already be familiar with phpBB (or similar) forum software.

Regards
Steve
Regards
Dennis

Current bikes: Zephyr 750 C4, Zephyr 750 C3
-------------------------------------------------------
Previous bikes: Kawasaki Z1000 A2, Kawasaki KH400 A4, Kawasaki KH250 B1
ZoneAdmin
Site Admin

Re: New Admin (still) needed for the Zephyr Zone

Post by ZoneAdmin »

I'm going to give it another few weeks on here to see if I get any interest.

After than I'll be asking on the Facebook Zephyr Owners Group.
Regards
Dennis

Current bikes: Zephyr 750 C4, Zephyr 750 C3
-------------------------------------------------------
Previous bikes: Kawasaki Z1000 A2, Kawasaki KH400 A4, Kawasaki KH250 B1
Swampy

Post by Swampy »

Steve, when I get a chance I'll download the phpBB software and see if I can get to grips with it... Not promising anything but kind of hoping that you have done the hard bit by setting it up...Swamps :)
Swamps :)
Eddie

Post by Eddie »

Well done swamps fingers crossed you can do it :) otherwise I'll be forced to join facebook, which for some reason I don't like! . I'm surprised at the lack of interest and response to the Zone Admin's posts for someone to take over the zone but to be brutally honest there only seems to be a handful of people on here that post anything these days :(

maybe I need to invest in a new computer and lessons on how to use one properly without wanting to throw it out of the window!

eddie
92 Kawasaki Zephyr 1100
78 Kawasaki Z1000a2
10 KTM 990 SMT
76 Yamaha XT500 supermoto
80 Honda Z50R Monkey
Swampy

Post by Swampy »

Eddie wrote:Well done swamps fingers crossed you can do it :) otherwise I'll be forced to join facebook, which for some reason I don't like! . I'm surprised at the lack of interest and response to the Zone Admin's posts for someone to take over the zone but to be brutally honest there only seems to be a handful of people on here that post anything these days :(

maybe I need to invest in a new computer and lessons on how to use one properly without wanting to throw it out of the window!

eddie
Sorry eddie, what I've seen of it so far seems a bit out of me league :( More YouTube vids for me i'm afraid :o
Eddie

Post by Eddie »

That's a shame swamps, but well done for trying :) , maybe someone else will take it on??

cheers eddie
92 Kawasaki Zephyr 1100
78 Kawasaki Z1000a2
10 KTM 990 SMT
76 Yamaha XT500 supermoto
80 Honda Z50R Monkey
Bigzeph

Post by Bigzeph »

I don't think I could take over the running of this group.
But just in case no one takes over , I have created a Zephyr Zone group on Facebook just in case its needed and to keep the group name .
Swampy

Post by Swampy »

Bigzeph wrote:I don't think I could take over the running of this group.
But just in case no one takes over , I have created a Zephyr Zone group on Facebook just in case its needed and to keep the group name .
Nice one Tim :)
ZR468

Post by ZR468 »

Bigzeph wrote:I don't think I could take over the running of this group.
Good idea, if it comes to that.
Kenny
Swampy

Post by Swampy »

Swampy wrote:Steve, when I get a chance I'll download the phpBB software and see if I can get to grips with it... Not promising anything but kind of hoping that you have done the hard bit by setting it up...Swamps :)

I had a website recently where a Facebook friend set it all up for me and I just added pics and scripts etc, she had done all the work and I just updated it, I was kind of hoping that this site was going to be the same but sorry its a bit more in-depth than that.
I went onto YouTube and looked at a few phpBB videos and its not something that I'm able to grasp I'm sorry to say.
So sorry everyone I am not able to offer my services.
All I can now say is "Thank You" to Steve for running it for all these years, I have been a member since 2011 I think it was and its been great fun posting here and meeting you guys at Reading … :D