New to community

Introduce yourself, share your heroic Zephyr tales, put the world to rights, gossip, etc.
Mahaflac

New to community

Post by Mahaflac »

New to me Zephyr. I’ve been riding motorcycle for 40 years. I currently ride a 2014 Honda Valkyrie but adding this to my garage today. From Brownsboro Texas. Greetings all. It is my understanding that these are pretty rare bikes.
Attachments
55DB1F17-92E0-4573-A253-1B3F3959DE9B.jpeg
893D8248-8922-4676-AF2E-4778A36581DA.jpeg
Eddie

Re: New to community

Post by Eddie »

Hello and welcome :)

Love the paintjob on your zeph......and the Sat Nav dish on the Honda is amazing, they think of everything!!, I bet you never lose a signal!! :) :)

just kidding, hope you enjoy the zone and the Zephyr, lots of info and knowledge on here

cheers eddie
92 Kawasaki Zephyr 1100
78 Kawasaki Z1000a2
10 KTM 990 SMT
76 Yamaha XT500 supermoto
80 Honda Z50R Monkey
Swampy

Post by Swampy »

Yes welcome to the Zone Mahaflac, yes plenty of people here with great knowledge so any problems someone here will know :D
Swamps :)
Mahaflac

Post by Mahaflac »

Eddie wrote:Hello and welcome :)

Love the paintjob on your zeph......and the Sat Nav dish on the Honda is amazing, they think of everything!!, I bet you never lose a signal!! :) :)

just kidding, hope you enjoy the zone and the Zephyr, lots of info and knowledge on here

cheers eddie

That is funny right there. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Love my honda but the Zephyr is absolutely a blast.
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

hi and welcome from across the pond :)
1995 ZR1100A2
s_in_fl

Post by s_in_fl »

Belated Hello Mahaflac!

Welcome to the Zone. I haven't been checking in as often as I'd like. Your new bike has a different treatment that's for sure.
I'm in Lubbock myself. I'm in the process of putting my ZR1100 back together. It had some issues and I've been slacking (for five years) getting it back together. Mine originally came out of Austin.
When I lived in Orlando there were three ZR1100's, one within a mile or so of me. Yes, they are fairly rare in the states. The only import numbers I could find many years ago indicated that only 200 to 2,000 were imported. I don't know if that is true.
Enjoy your ZR. Make sure that your shifts into 2nd are very deliberate though. This particular model has a habit of developing a nasty trick of jumping out of gear under load. And if you can find a 5-degree advanced rotor grab it (if your bike doesn't already have it). It makes all the difference.

Scott
One down, Four up. Life begins when you touch the red line.