Lights

Introduce yourself, share your heroic Zephyr tales, put the world to rights, gossip, etc.
TerryG

Lights

Post by TerryG »

Has anyone changed the headlight on a 1995 550cc?
I find mine really dim and wondering if there's a straight swap that looks good but performs better.
Thanks
Freddy

Re: Lights

Post by Freddy »

My simply 'upgrade' to my 750 is to use the highest rated H4? headlight bulb I can find. Think its rated 150% brighter than normal.

I just use normal auto bulbs from the auto parts store. Don't believe there is anything special about motorcycle headlight bulbs.

I use these high rated bulbs in all my vehicles and notice they don't last as long. Seems logical there is a cost of higher output. So if I'm going on a several day ride I throw a spare in the bag.

If I really wanted a major improvement in light output (say if I rode rural roads at night) I'd probably invest in a couple frame mounted LED lights. Perhaps with their low current draw they could be powered straight off the existing high beam wire in the headlight. If not a simple relay triggered by high beam wire with main draw straight from the battery.
Last edited by Freddy on 12 Oct 2019, 08:11, edited 1 time in total.
TerryG

Re: Lights

Post by TerryG »

Thanks, worth thinking about