Old git back online

Introduce yourself, share your heroic Zephyr tales, put the world to rights, gossip, etc.
Stu

Old git back online

Post by Stu »

Hi Guys.

Apologies, been off doing other stuff for a year, dealing with life and the delights and crap it throws at you in equal measures. Things seem to be a bit more stable now, so may get to drop in here a bit more often, and even do some work on the Zephyr project.

How's everyone? I see Freddy is still active... good to see. Anyone know what's happened to Richard in NL? He seems to have been as quiet as me recently.

I started this year with a three week holiday in South Africa, including a week riding bikes down in the Cape Town area. A friend lent me an R1200GSA for the first bit of the week, while he rode his 1200 Multistrada. Then his Ducati's oil pressure light came on, so he suggested I ride his Honda VTR1000 SP2 :o while he rode the GSA. Did about 1000 miles between them and had an absolute ball!

Got back to UK and life fell apart; my good lady wife rushed into hospital with Sepsis, then my Mum had a heart attack. Between the two, I spent almost 4 months visiting hospitals every day.

The ladies are now well and stable (respectively), so life is getting back to normality and I've spent a few hours back in the garage trying to find all the bits of the Zephyr that I was intimately familiar with a couple of years ago... I've even made a little progress; reported in the project thread.

In the meantime I've had a reorganise, sold off a lot of stuff I wasn't using, sold the 650 Versys, and bought myself a low mileage, 2007, R1200GS. While it's extremely competent, it's also manages to do it without being even slightly interesting and I'm not sold yet. I'll definitely keep it around and put a few more miles on it in the spring before making a decision about its future. If the 750 hits the road and is as much fun as I'm expecting, that may well seal its fate.
Stu

Re: Old git back online

Post by Stu »

Can't believe how quiet it is round here.

Did I upset somebody, or am I just talking to myself?
Eddie

Post by Eddie »

Hello Stu,
It's not you! It is sadly a bit quiet on here for some reason, despite lots of members new and old, maybe everyone's on Facebook or something, i don't know!

Cheers eddie
92 Kawasaki Zephyr 1100
78 Kawasaki Z1000a2
10 KTM 990 SMT
76 Yamaha XT500 supermoto
80 Honda Z50R Monkey
andye

Post by andye »

There all busy riding. Welcome back.
Freddy

Post by Freddy »

Stu wrote:Can't believe how quiet it is round here.

Did I upset somebody, or am I just talking to myself?
You've badly upset my bike, so it told me not to respond. It took it very personally having one of UK relatives stripped half naked and then left for months in a cold dark shed. Sort of understand where it's coming from, but I drew the line when it wanted me to create a Me To type web site for abused motorcycles.

Seriously, welcome back.
Stu

Post by Stu »

Freddy wrote: You've badly upset my bike, so it told me not to respond. It took it very personally having one of UK relatives stripped half naked and then left for months in a cold dark shed. Sort of understand where it's coming from, but I drew the line when it wanted me to create a Me To type web site for abused motorcycles.

Seriously, welcome back.
I think she's been enjoying herself. Been in said dark shed with a succession of different partners and I've never once seen her with her clothes on!

Thanks all for the replies... I was feeling needy and ignored!

I'm a lurker on a couple of Zephyr Facebook groups, but have no idea who is who if any of you are on there!
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

hi stu and welcome back , been working away myself , sorry to hear about your ladies and glad all is getting better
1995 ZR1100A2