Aaaaagh F@#%!

Introduce yourself, share your heroic Zephyr tales, put the world to rights, gossip, etc.
Stu

Aaaaagh F@#%!

Post by Stu »

Bought my Mrs a new Fiat 500 a few weeks ago. It's done less than a 1000 miles.

This morning, -3 deg C and frosty, car parked outside the garage, she goes outside to start it up to defrost it. Unfortunately, when she'd got home last night, she'd left it in gear with the handbrake off. No, she doesn't know why either...

Anyway, car started with driver's door open, drove it self through the garage door (smashing the up and over garage door and closing the car door against the wall at the same time), collected my R1200GS on the way through, chucking it on its side. Car stopped when it collected enough stuff between it and the rear wall to stall it.

Car is dinged on three sides and driver's door doesn't close anymore. GS is OK, I think, it landed on its crash bar and they're pretty tough, but unluckily it hit the Zephyr on the way over. Only noticed this as I was tidying up the mess. :o

You've got to laugh or you'd f@#%ing cry.

It's only the barrel, as far as I can see, but replacing it is a right pain. Bores have done eight miles on the new oversize pistons!
Fiat 2.jpg
Kawa1.jpg
Kawa2.jpg
David Richard

Re: Aaaaagh F@#%!

Post by David Richard »

well i feel for you stu ,
dcf750

Post by dcf750 »

OMG! What a mess. At least no one was hurt. You had done a lot of work on the Zephyr. Hopefully your wife was not too shaken up.
Den

Zephyr 750 C4
Zephyr 750 C3
————————-
Z1000-A2 1979
KH400-A4 1977
KH250-B1 1976
Stu

Post by Stu »

She's a bit rattled but we'll all get through it. It's only stuff in the end.

Car insurance have taken car to repair and say they'll pay for damage to bikes and will send an engineer round to assess. Only thing they're not paying for is the garage door, which isn't terminal, just needs kicking straight and rehanging.

Could be a lot worse!
hugojose

Post by hugojose »

……….I thought, now a days they put a switch on the clutch, so cars won't start in gear w/out clutch engaged...

…….my father did same with a our family Subaru, but that was 30 years ago with no clutch switch, running into his own business and smashing the entry door, and Subaru's front grill.
Stu

Post by Stu »

hugojose wrote:……….I thought, now a days they put a switch on the clutch, so cars won't start in gear w/out clutch engaged...
You'd think, wouldn't you... Apparently some models have a clutch interlock, but not this model...

Like a scene from Ferris Bueller, it was...
Shedman

Post by Shedman »

So sorry for you, I feel your pain! :shock:
This might not be the time for this but it may make you smile!
Two blokes talking and one says to the other "My wife crashed through the garage doors this morning and destroyed my motorcycle that was parked inside", his friend says "Oh my God, was she hurt?", the first guy says "Not yet, she's locked herself in the bathroom!".
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

shit what a trail of destruction :shock: bet she was petrified and watching it all happen in slow motion, , like you say you have to laugh or you'd cry . glad no one was hurt and something to look back on and laugh about later hopefully .
1995 ZR1100A2
Swampy

Post by Swampy »

OMG you really couldn't make that up, I feel for you I really do :o :o :o :o
Swamps :)
Stu

Post by Stu »

Shedman wrote:Two blokes talking and one says to the other "My wife crashed through the garage doors this morning and destroyed my motorcycle that was parked inside", his friend says "Oh my God, was she hurt?", the first guy says "Not yet, she's locked herself in the bathroom!".
:lol: :lol: :lol: I'll be using that!

Actually, she knows better than to hide in a bathroom... she's from the same place as Oscar Pretorius. ;)