Lovely 750 C1

Introduce yourself, share your heroic Zephyr tales, put the world to rights, gossip, etc.
zal00000

Lovely 750 C1

Post by zal00000 »

Hi All,

I had a ZRX100 C1 from new, back in the day. I looked after it for almost 20 years and then moved it on, with 2500 miles on the clock, and for next to no money. It was as mint as 20 year old bike could be, with just some minor age-related flaking paint on an engine cover. Of course, I regretted it the moment I sold it, and ever since.

I could not bring myself to replace it with another ZRX, and I've always fancied a Zephyr. Finally, I came across one that is not quite as mint as my ZRX, but not far off and, of course, is 31 years old.

She's an all-original 750 C1 in blue, with just 8000 miles on the clock.

She's been stood for 10 years, so needs a little recommissioning - carbs (or course), fuel tank, and brakes. Hopefully, she'll then be as good as new.

Ther's some gold piping arounf the paintwork. It's tape, and has been done very well. It looks OK, but I think I shall remove it for an all-original, mint Zephyr.

I'll post some nicer pics, when she's looking tip-top.

It does seem awfully quiet, here :-)

Al.
Attachments
zeph 750
zeph 750
ZoneAdmin
Site Admin

Re: Lovely 750 C1

Post by ZoneAdmin »

Hi Al,

Welcome to the Zephyr Zone.

Yes you are right it is fairly quiet on the Zone, but there are some knowledgeable people on here who chip in when the need arises.

Good luck with your C1 project.
Regards
Dennis

Current bikes: Zephyr 750 C4, Zephyr 750 C3
-------------------------------------------------------
Previous bikes: Kawasaki Z1000 A2, Kawasaki KH400 A4, Kawasaki KH250 B1
David Richard

Post by David Richard »

welcome za its good you saved another one from just sitting around and you wont be disapointed there are a few things that will need attention when you get into it the clutch damper rubbers will have shrunk and make for a clunkie gear change and look after the petrol tank they rust out very quickly on the left side i would leave it dry or full over the winter months if not in use where are you and do put more pics of it ,david
Stereordinary

Post by Stereordinary »

Welcome, and nice bike!
A breeze from the west.
zal00000

Post by zal00000 »

Thanks for the replies. I’ll look out for the clutch damper rubbers.
The tank has a fair bit of surface rust inside that has to be removed. It was full of rotten fuel…
I’m near Oxford and will certainly post more pics when she’s out of the shed.