Introduction

Introduce yourself, share your heroic Zephyr tales, put the world to rights, gossip, etc.
mbsevans

Introduction

Post by mbsevans »

Hi, can't seem to upload much in way of words or a pic.
Freddy

Re: Introduction

Post by Freddy »

mbsevans wrote:Hi, can't seem to upload much in way of words or a pic.
I'll tell you how I upload pics (there may be other ways). First thing you need is a host site for your pics. Photobucket has now stopped what they call 'third party hosting' so its no longer an option. Anyhow a site called Imgur is the go. Create an account and load the photos you want upload onto that site. It's pretty much self-explanatory how to do it.

Then when the photo is uploaded to Imgur copy the 'direct link' that will be to the right of the photo. Back in the Zone press the 'Img' icon at the top above where your are typing which will insert two 'markers' into your post wherever the cursor was sitting. Paste the direct link address from Imgur between the two image 'markers'. And then just submit the post when ready.

Might sound complicated but its basically how most forums work, just some have a few 'bells and whistles' to do it.
mbsevans

Post by mbsevans »

Understood, however there is an upload attachment function here. So why doesn't it work?
Freddy

Post by Freddy »

Test, thought I should at least pick something motorcycle related ...... never used it previously and hadn't even noticed it ..... but it worked ok for me. I did select the 'place inline' box which inserted it into the body of the post similar to what I'm used too.
989f385d9dc4af44f0cad0c96e6c3dfa--ducati-moto-gp.jpg
Richard

Post by Richard »

Well that seems to be working just fine... :roll:
Stu

Post by Stu »

All my pics have been uploaded that way, not stored on a third party site. Works a treat, just resize them first.

Nice pic, Freddy.