Firing on three cylinders puzzle.

For all your mechanical queries, or for sharing your mechanical know-how. Also used for arguing about which oil to use...
Ivor

Re: Firing on three cylinders puzzle.

Post by Ivor »

do you reckon any crap could be coming down from the tank ? inline fuel filter will stop that. good luck matey
1995 ZR1100A2
Heron

Post by Heron »

You could be right. I will be taking petcock off and draining tank as part of the cleanup. My air filter was like a jungle with creepy crawlies in it and I have to make the smaller air filter in the air box as they are not available.
Heron

Post by Heron »

After removing the fuel tap I discovered main filter was detached and at the bottom of tank. This would account for dirt in carbs. :roll:
In my attempts to remove the filter I have managed to stop the fuel sender working so it’s drain tank again and hope it’s a simple fix.

So rerouted vacuumed pipes. Made new inner air filter, new air filter. Carbs installed and it ran like crap. My wife said I could be fuel , what does she know . Yes it was fuel , I only had enough for reserve ( always listen to the Mrs) :lol: Then a tapping noise from around cylinder head :o
Time for all new plugs and yessss :D She runs sweet as a nut. Happy riding Zephyr bros.
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

full set of plugs for an 1100 :o
1995 ZR1100A2