Daytona zephyr 1100

Sell all your mint petrol tanks and wire wheels here
Eddie

Daytona zephyr 1100

Post by Eddie »

https://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C1243802

Wish I had the cash spare, i still have the bike mag it appeared in back in 92 and although I have a 1100 lookalike, be lovely to have a pair of them.... If anyone on here buys it and wants to swap with mine!

Cheers eddie
92 Kawasaki Zephyr 1100
78 Kawasaki Z1000a2
10 KTM 990 SMT
76 Yamaha XT500 supermoto
80 Honda Z50R Monkey
Swampy

Re: Daytona zephyr 1100

Post by Swampy »

Eddie wrote:https://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C1243802

Wish I had the cash spare, i still have the bike mag it appeared in back in 92 and although I have a 1100 lookalike, be lovely to have a pair of them.... If anyone on here buys it and wants to swap with mine!

Cheers eddie
Afternoon Eddie, yes it has a fab paint job on the tank but tbh id rather have your bike than this one, it doesn't do nothing for me :(
Swamps :)
Freddy

Post by Freddy »

Swampy wrote:Afternoon Eddie, yes it has a fab paint job on the tank but tbh id rather have your bike than this one, it doesn't do nothing for me :(
I'm with you Swampy on that one. Looks 'all show and no go'. Open throat carbies, engine will be destroyed in no time if used on the street. Seemingly stock standard original damper rod front suspension. The VERY first thing that should have been 'corrected', rather than pure bling like reinforced swing arm and Ohlins rear shocks.
Swampy

Post by Swampy »

Freddy wrote:
Swampy wrote:Afternoon Eddie, yes it has a fab paint job on the tank but tbh id rather have your bike than this one, it doesn't do nothing for me :(
I'm with you Swampy on that one. Looks 'all show and no go'. Open throat carbies, engine will be destroyed in no time if used on the street. Seemingly stock standard original damper rod front suspension. The VERY first thing that should have been 'corrected', rather than pure bling like reinforced swing arm and Ohlins rear shocks.

Thanks Freddy, I thought it was me just being "Boring" glad that i'm not alone :)
Swamps :)
Eddie

Post by Eddie »

Hi Swamps and freddy,
I was only kidding when I said I would swap it for mine, i do prefer mine tbh but if I did have the spare cash i would have it!

I recall from the various magazines that I have on it, it definitely has the go to match the show. With all the engine mods + carbs etc it was making 120+ bhp. The forks had ohlins uprated springs and different oil, hardly hi tech i know but I've done similar to mine and it's good enough really.

The magazine articles of the time gave it rave reviews, loving it's brutish power and fun handling over the standard bike. Apparently you could buy a complete bike or have your zephyr done to whatever level you wanted. I've no idea how many of them they sold, not alot i guess as this is the only one I've ever seen for sale and i think retro bikes weren't as popular back then as they are now.
Hopefully someone on here will buy it as I'd like to see one in the flesh one day!

Cheers eddie
92 Kawasaki Zephyr 1100
78 Kawasaki Z1000a2
10 KTM 990 SMT
76 Yamaha XT500 supermoto
80 Honda Z50R Monkey