Zephyr 759 1991

Request your mint petrol tanks and wire wheels here
Nelbert

Zephyr 759 1991

Post by Nelbert »

Evening,Does anyone have a serviceable clutch basket for a 1991 750 for sale. nelberts top tip 550 basket don't fit thought I was being clever and assumed never assume. Now got a complete clutch from a 550 mmmm
Freddy

Re: Zephyr 759 1991

Post by Freddy »

Nelbert wrote:Evening,Does anyone have a serviceable clutch basket for a 1991 750 for sale.
No such thing as a 'serviceable' used clutch basket will exist. No matter what you buy it will need the damper rubbers replaced to be 'serviceable'. A second hand one may fit the description of 'working,' but not 'serviceable'.

You are on the right track in the other thread regarding sourcing the rubbers to service your existing one or a second hand one. Either that of buy a new complete assembly which are not cheap.

But the bottom line is due to age no second hand one will be fully serviceable. It will just be a unit in need of refurbishment as an exchange unit ready to make replacement a simple quick swap.
Nelbert

Post by Nelbert »

Cheers for the reply Freddie were can you buy clutch rubbers from and how do you get at them any ideas would be extremely grateful cheers Neil
Richard

Post by Richard »

Nelbert

750 clutch dampers

Post by Nelbert »

Evening ,Set upon my damaged clutch basket with enthusiasm and out popped the dampers all about the size of a small boiled sweet and just as hard. Have located a complete clutch on flea bay so I will set upon it with the same enthusiasm but only when I have the appropriate clutch dampers from turbo Dave