1100 carb

Request your mint petrol tanks and wire wheels here
Richard

Re: 1100 carb

Post by Richard »

Well the good news is you can still ride your bike ;)
Gordon's

Post by Gordon's »

Mine has snapped in exactly the same place,I had to tighten the broken bit in place and put plastic metal around the fracture,been looking for areplacement carb body for months,no luck,wonder if it can be welded?
David Richard

Post by David Richard »

Hi im not sure where you are but in the uk I have come across a new product called q bond its only about a ten pounds super strong stuff ,you would have to take the carbs off to do check it out ,david
arejay

Post by arejay »

Coincidentally I used q bond to fix mine and it's been fine for the summer so far, I must have done at least a thousand miles with the repair on it, I also used an empty metal ink refill from a pen and pushed it over the return spring to lengthen it so I could use the carb mounting bar as the stop for it and that has also worked well with no issues so far, I have managed to pick up another set of carbs from Ireland for just under £100 but I have not bothered to fit them yet as the bike is running so well at the moment like it is. I should point out that the only drawback with the repair that I have found is when you use the choke to start the engine the bike only runs on 3cylinders but mine seems to fire up just as quick as it used to on all 4, also as the broken bit was long gone when I discovered what had happened I used the q bond to build up the missing part- it really is good stuff you can drill and tap it and it will repair almost anything- I have been using it for around 20 years I initially got it for repairing car bumpers and found it was the best thing for repairing bike fairings that I had ever found and since then I use it for anything and everything that needs bonding