Tyre pressures

For all your handling questions
J.W.

Tyre pressures

Post by J.W. »

I have Avon Road Riders fitted to my 1995 750. I recently contacted Avon technical dept for advice on tyre pressures for these tyres fitted to my Zephyr. They recommended the following - Front 33 psi Rear. 36 psi. I've followed there advice and it's made such a difference to the handling. Thought I would share with you all.

Regards
J.W.
Ivor

Re: Tyre pressures

Post by Ivor »

cheers I've always put 32 front and back on mine , will try this
1995 ZR1100A2
Freddy

Post by Freddy »

People should remember the original factory recommended pressures of 28-32 psi were for a 1990's bias ply tire.

For years I ran 32-36 with radial Metzeler Z8's. With the Z8 no longer available in Australia in a 150 rear I found those same pressures not to work so well in the replacement to the Z8, Roadtec 01's. That required going up to 36-38 (or even 36-40). Thinks the more surface tread needed a stronger base support otherwise the whole thing moves around more.

I plan to give Continental Road Attack 3's a go as soon as the Roadtec's are shot (which will be after a 4 day mountain ride next week). Not a well known brand in Australia but get good reviews. Don't like the Roadtec's at all, too quite not giving any feedback to the rider. No need for wet weather oriented tyres where I live. Liked the Z8's.
andye

Post by andye »

Modern Bridgestones should be 36 Front & either 40 or 42 Rear. They changed the construction of their tyres a while back.

Best to check with the Tyre Manufacturer for the up to date specs.
jack hammer

Post by jack hammer »

ive run several types of tyres on my 750 over the years (currently conti motions) and found 33 front/36 rear to work best for me too.
''you should be able to achieve your objective with whatever comes to hand''
Stereordinary

Post by Stereordinary »

andye wrote:Modern Bridgestones should be 36 Front & either 40 or 42 Rear. They changed the construction of their tyres a while back.

Is that for all models, or just specific ones? I have a 550, and I’m running Bridgestone BT45’s.
A breeze from the west.
Freddy

Post by Freddy »

Stereordinary wrote:
andye wrote:Modern Bridgestones should be 36 Front & either 40 or 42 Rear. They changed the construction of their tyres a while back.

Is that for all models, or just specific ones? I have a 550, and I’m running Bridgestone BT45’s.
Do you weight 60Kg, or 160Kg (rider and gear say)? Ride predominately billiard table smooth fairly straight roads, or C grade glorified goat tracks. Trust you see what I'm getting out.