rear shocks ,bump stop

For all your handling questions
David Richard

rear shocks ,bump stop

Post by David Richard »

hi all i hope your are all getting through these difficult times ,just a simple one are the rear bump stops essential mine have cracked as most would after many years i have, mine set 2nd from the top so a very hard spring ,but would they get any way out of travel and touch the body even on a bumpy uk road i cant find any to buy and think they are 12.5 mm or should i leave them as is ,thanks david
hugojose

Re: rear shocks ,bump stop

Post by hugojose »

Long time ago they rotted out on mine. At one point, I replaced the shocks with ones from ZRX-11, same kayaba really, maybe a tad stiffer....well, the stop rubbers rotted out again in no time. I simply cut them away,...am talking maybe 10 years ago and never looked back...no problems whatsoever,. I hardly remember they ever existed until you posted about. ..think they were there in case you decided to buy a 700 lbs (1500 kgs) refrigerator at your local appliance store and take it home on your Zephyr's back seat. …….shoud you decide do that, put them back, …..otherwise forget about.
David Richard

Re: rear shocks ,bump stop

Post by David Richard »

morning huggojose thanks i was thinking it would take alot to test them im 80 kg and never have a pillion so i will not replace them ,if they were rubber not foam they would still be intact ,cheers