Ace Cafe Kawasaki day

What, when, where, who, how much, and what time are we meeting?
Eddie

Ace Cafe Kawasaki day

Post by Eddie »

Kawasaki Sunday 15th 9am onwards, going to go to this if it ever stops feckin raining!. They need to move the date for this really,as the last few times the weather's been lousy with generally a low turnout, but hey fingers crossed you never know could be a scorcher!!

....both my kawasaki's off the road so probably go in the car anyway!!

Cheers eddie
92 Kawasaki Zephyr 1100
78 Kawasaki Z1000a2
10 KTM 990 SMT
76 Yamaha XT500 supermoto
80 Honda Z50R Monkey
Swampy

Re: Ace Cafe Kawasaki day

Post by Swampy »

Thanks for the post Eddie, I shall pop along provided I get my Zeph out of its bag, yep 4th of April and its still wrapped up...The weather has been real pants, like you say they need to do this in May, they might get a better turnout :x
Swamps :)
Freddy

Post by Freddy »

And people in the cooler parts of the world worry about 'global warming'. I'd be saying 'bring it on, BABY!'
arejay

Post by arejay »

the weather forecast for Sunday doesn't look too bad at the moment- only 10% chance of rain !, I serviced the zephyr last weekend and taking it for new tyres and MOT tomorrow so hopefully will be "all good" on the day
Eddie

Post by Eddie »

Surprisingly good turnout for this considering it was raining when I left.....in the car! , but not a bad day in the end with some lovely old Kawasaki's there, but I only saw 1 zephyr, a stunning red 1100 with a Kerker pipe. I don't know if it is anyones on here and I didn't see the owner unfortunately.

I did bump into "zephyrsteve" from the zone and it was good to catch up with him and his son, they still have their 1100 but like mine it's in lots of bits!! we both vowed to be on ours at next years haha :)

Cheers eddie
92 Kawasaki Zephyr 1100
78 Kawasaki Z1000a2
10 KTM 990 SMT
80 Honda Z50R Monkey
Swampy

Post by Swampy »

Eddie wrote:Surprisingly good turnout for this considering it was raining when I left.....in the car! , but not a bad day in the end with some lovely old Kawasaki's there, but I only saw 1 zephyr, a stunning red 1100 with a Kerker pipe. I don't know if it is anyones on here and I didn't see the owner unfortunately.

I did bump into "zephyrsteve" from the zone and it was good to catch up with him and his son, they still have their 1100 but like mine it's in lots of bits!! we both vowed to be on ours at next years haha :)

Cheers eddie
It was a good turnout Eddie, I got there just before 11 and I couldn't get into the main carpark, I got put into the one just to the left of the main entrance :(
Saying that in a way I was glad as I needed to get away for work... But TBH I think it wasn't that well organised this year as they were letting any make of bike into the carpark. If they were more picky with what they let in then it would of been fine.
Sorry that I missed you but I had to shoot around 1pm but I did take a few pics which I have posted on my Flickr page (link below)

https://flic.kr/s/aHsmhPwg4m
Eddie

Post by Eddie »

Sorry I missed you Swamps, can't believe I didn't spot your mug!!! , me and the missus got there just after 12:00 quick look round the car park and headed in for a cuppa tea!!. I agree they should really keep "other" bikes outside the main park, but it was nice to see the place full up :)

Cheers eddie
92 Kawasaki Zephyr 1100
78 Kawasaki Z1000a2
10 KTM 990 SMT
80 Honda Z50R Monkey
Swampy

Post by Swampy »

Eddie wrote:Sorry I missed you Swamps, can't believe I didn't spot your mug!!! , me and the missus got there just after 12:00 quick look round the car park and headed in for a cuppa tea!!. I agree they should really keep "other" bikes outside the main park, but it was nice to see the place full up :)

Cheers eddie
"can't believe I didn't spot your mug!!!" Well on a positive note at least you didn't say Ugly" :lol: Yay things could be worse :shock: Yes shame that we didn't bump into each other but i guess that you were feeding yourself, i went for the bacon & sausage sandwich, on brown bread (had to try a bit on the healthy stuff) ;)
Anyway we have Reading yet to come, i havent looked yet but any dates ???