Zephyr Spotting

Introduce yourself, share your heroic Zephyr tales, put the world to rights, gossip, etc.
Shedman

Zephyr Spotting

Post by Shedman »

In the nearly three years that I have owned my Zephyr 750 I have never seen another Zephyr on the road........until yesterday, there was a black 550 parked outside the main Post Office in town. Before that, the last time I saw a Zephyr would be at least 10 years ago but it could well have been the same bike as that was also a black 550 in a Sainsbury's car park. I have been to Matlock Bath on a Sunday afternoon a few times recently and I would have thought that I'd have seen at least one there.
Has anyone else seen another one out and about? or do I live in a Zephyr desert?
Swampy

Re: Zephyr Spotting

Post by Swampy »

Shedman wrote:In the nearly three years that I have owned my Zephyr 750 I have never seen another Zephyr on the road........until yesterday, there was a black 550 parked outside the main Post Office in town. Before that, the last time I saw a Zephyr would be at least 10 years ago but it could well have been the same bike as that was also a black 550 in a Sainsbury's car park. I have been to Matlock Bath on a Sunday afternoon a few times recently and I would have thought that I'd have seen at least one there.
Has anyone else seen another one out and about? or do I live in a Zephyr desert?
Totally agree with you Shedman, the only times I see them is at a meet, a friend at work had one but he got rid of that around 10yrs ago... I can honestly say that I have never seen one when out on the road...Sad
Swamps :)
Shedman

Post by Shedman »

At the time of typing this there are 14 Zephyr's for sale on ebay UK, so there are some left out there.
David Richard

Post by David Richard »

hi yes I'm in west sussex and I think we are quite a rare breed I have seen one about 4 year ago,i remember I found a web site a while ago and it listed how many were taxed and sorned I will try and find it and post my findings ,david
Shedman

Post by Shedman »

David Richard wrote:hi yes I'm in west sussex and I think we are quite a rare breed I have seen one about 4 year ago,i remember I found a web site a while ago and it listed how many were taxed and sorned I will try and find it and post my findings ,david
That would be really interesting if you could find it David.
David Richard

Post by David Richard »

ok I'm not sure how accurate this site is but bikes taxed in 2017 c1 338 ,c2 24 ,c3 55 , c4 1 ,c5 2 d1 49 , so we must all be in a bubble but I wont trade mine,david
Shedman

Post by Shedman »

David, surely I can't have been the only person in the UK to tax a C4 last year :o I was in the local carpet shop a couple of weeks ago and I spotted a picture of a "new" Triumph on the wall in the office. I asked the salesman who's bike it was and it was his, he asked me if I had a bike and I said a Zephyr 750, he said "Oh, an import then", I said "No, its a UK bike" he went on to tell me that surely I was mistaken as they were mostly sold overseas and that he had never heard of a UK Zephyr. :lol: When I get the chance I'll show him one!
Swampy

Post by Swampy »

The list for ZR1100's
Attachments
tax.PNG
Swampy

Post by Swampy »

My bike is the A3, not many of them being taxed or scorned :o
Attachments
A3.PNG
Swampy

Post by Swampy »

The link is below if anyone else wants to check anything...

https://www.howmanyleft.co.uk/