Frame Slider

Introduce yourself, share your heroic Zephyr tales, put the world to rights, gossip, etc.
ZR468

Frame Slider

Post by ZR468 »

I was thinking doing some gymkhana on my ZR750C. Gymkhana is new to me. From what I have seen on youtube, lots of guys and gals push their bikes to the point of lowside spinning out. I don't think I will push it that hard, but can't help to think it could happen.
My bike has front crash bars, but the mufflers will touch down in the rear in the event of a lowside. Has anyone install frame sliders at the rear of a ZR? Where would be a good anchor point? I was thinking using the muffler hanger, will it work?
Thank you , Kenny.
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
ZR468

Re: Frame Slider

Post by ZR468 »

Well, took a while for me to make up my mind in what to do. Finally, I found a set of frame sliders on Ebay that might work on the muffler hanger on my ZR750. Receiced the units last week, the included M10 bolt was not long enought. Bought locally a couple of M10 x 120 bolts and nylock nuts, and some M10 mud flap SS washers. Installed them this morning, perfect fit. Now the mufflers are protected in the event of a lowside.
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
David Richard

Post by David Richard »

hi Kenny I sort of get the idea of these but I would rather just ride and keep it upright I think a heavy fall might damage the frame lugs ,david
ZR468

Post by ZR468 »

I too would like to stay upright all the time. The frame sliders are a fall back measure. Also it is psychological, it make me feel better about pushing my comfort levels. In the Gymkhana runs, I am learning new skills that takes a bit of practices to integrate.