Long distance touring on a 750 anyone?

Introduce yourself, share your heroic Zephyr tales, put the world to rights, gossip, etc.
Budgie

Long distance touring on a 750 anyone?

Post by Budgie »

I'm planning a longish tour on the Zephyr and wondered if anyone has fitted bags or boxes for touring successfully to their bike.
Freddy

Re: Long distance touring on a 750 anyone?

Post by Freddy »

Budgie wrote:I'm planning a longish tour on the Zephyr and wondered if anyone has fitted bags or boxes for touring successfully to their bike.
The bike had a Ventura frame fitted when I bought it (no bag). So I purchased the Ventura Euro Rally bag which expands to 56 liters like the one in the picture below (not my bike just an image from the internet) to complete the 'system'. Bag is big enough to take all I need for extended tours which I do often.

I'm biased in that I just HATE the look of plastic boxes on any bike. They just look totally dorky to me. Much prefer soft tail bags which are used nearly exclusively by 'serious' riders in my part of the world.

The other thing I fitted is a National Cycle Deflector screen to reduce wind pressure on the open roads. My seat has also had a bit of extra padding added to it to create the quilted effect like the seat of an 1100. Found the stock seat a bit hard and some form of additional softness well worthwhile.
Ivor

Re: Long distance touring on a 750 anyone?

Post by Ivor »

I've used an extendable magnetic tank bag to tour from UK and across Europe quite a lot , which is quite handy sometimes to lean forwards on when you're a bit knackered and need to give your arms a rest on a real long ride, and a Kriegra one strapped to the pillion part of the seat .
1995 ZR1100A2