New Zephyr Zone admin

Introduce yourself, share your heroic Zephyr tales, put the world to rights, gossip, etc.
ZoneAdmin
Site Admin

New Zephyr Zone admin

Post by ZoneAdmin »

Z1000 summer 81/82
Z1000 summer 81/82
Hello all Zephyr Zone members

My name is Dennis and I have taken over the zone admin role from Steve. As you may know, Steve no longer owns a Zephyr and has been looking for someone to take over since last year.

Many thanks to Steve for taking the time to visit yesterday and giving me a tutorial on the software etc.

The change from Steve to myself should be seamless to the zone users, but please bear with me while I get to grips with everything :?

I had a 30 year break from bikes after selling my Kawasaki Z1000 A2 :( , but now own a C3 (bought in Feb 2015) and a C4 (bought in July 2019 from zone member Andy: 750four). I have been a member of the zone since Sept 2017 but have not been very active. Now as I start working on my Zephyrs, after taking early retirement, I expect to make more use of the zone and dip into the font of knowledge available. Pictures are of me on my Z1000 back in 81/82 and one of my new toys.
C3 & C4
C3 & C4
If anyone has any ideas for new topics etc on the zone please contact me through the zone or at the usual email admin@zephyr-zone.com. Lets keep the zone running and improving after all the hard work from Steve.

Cheers
Den.
jrkk

Re: New Zephyr Zone admin

Post by jrkk »

Excellent news Dennis. Many thanks to you for taking over.
Reg. Jouni
David Richard

Post by David Richard »

welcome your a top man to do all this tech stuff dennis .im sure you will get lots of info to keep them both on the road they have good heritage but better brakes than your a2 i have a z1r and a d1 and a xs 750 ,these are quite a rare bike now and worth keeping ,what area do you live ,david
ZoneAdmin
Site Admin

Post by ZoneAdmin »

Hi David

I live in Cwmbran, Wales, UK. Not sure which country you are from so I've listed the lot.
My location
My location
Thank you for your message. Based on the prices of the old Kawasaki's these days I wished I had kept the A2, but at the time with 2 young children it was not an option...

Regards
Dennis
Swampy

Post by Swampy »

Thanks for the introduction Dennis and a even bigger thanks for taking over the admin for the group...
Steve did a fab job for many years and like most moved on to other things so if your around Steve, thanks from the Swamps :)

Loving the pic of the Z1000 Dennis, I was only around 13 when I saw my first Z900 etc, my friends neighbour had one and I fell in love with them...
Then a work colleague brought in a Zephyr one day and that made me want one, only recently back onto bikes after a short spell then I decided that it was time to get one.

Swamps :)
Swamps :)
alanfsz

Post by alanfsz »

Many thanks Dennis for taking over, I had a 750 Zephyr for 13 years sold it left the zone 2 years ago now returned with another 750, hope the zone thrives
hugojose

Post by hugojose »

Thanks Dennis. I thought the Zone was a gonner.

.....where you keep your Zephyrs,...….. is that the kid's room????
dcf750

Post by dcf750 »

Hi Swampy, Alanfsz & Hogojose

Thank you for your messages.

No they are not in the kids room, I bought a summer house (insulated & lined) to use as my garage/workshop.

Cheers
Dennis
David Richard

Post by David Richard »

hi dennis yes im on the south coast,the sunny part of the uk ,like swampy said the bike we saw when in our teen age years, left a huge impression on us i have been working my way through all the bikes i could not have. i have a couple more that are on my list if i can sneak in to the shed ,david
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

Hi Den , Thanks for taking the admin role :) …. have you still got that shirt ?? :shock: :shock: (wish I still had my 78 Zthou too :( )

( one idea for the zone ;- you could add a 'Zephyr spotted' section , might help generate some more interest and photos etc. I know other bike forums do this to help keep their community alive)
1995 ZR1100A2