Sell all your mint petrol tanks and wire wheels here
mbu100

Spoked wheels for sale

Post by mbu100 »

Freddy

Re: Spoked wheels for sale

Post by Freddy »

Already sold for 600 pounds.

To justify the expense both wheels will really need to be respoked in stainless as the original plated spokes will be highly corroded. New bearings (3) and new cush dive rubbers. New tires, and in the process convert the rims to tubeless. As the rear disk is likely shot (they wear in a taper) it will likely need replacing. The EBC rear disk weights about half the OEM disk, significant reduction in unsprung and rotating weight.

So all up not a lot of change from 1500 quid I would guess if someone wants to do a complete quality restoration job.
David Richard

Post by David Richard »

i was also watching this they are quite rare, i nearly choked on my tea ,a couple of years ago a d1 sold it a dealer it had no tank or front mudguard but it was still worth buying for 1200 pounds i guess the lesson is here dont dent or bugger your wheels up,
Freddy

Post by Freddy »

David Richard wrote:i was also watching this they are quite rare, i nearly choked on my tea ,a couple of years ago a d1 sold it a dealer it had no tank or front mudguard but it was still worth buying for 1200 pounds i guess the lesson is here dont dent or bugger your wheels up,
I did put a decent dent in my front rim some time back. Bashed it mostly out, later taking it to the guy who originally respoked it in polished stainless. He told me off for bashing it out, and said he normally refuses to touch it if someone has done this. However he took pity on me and fixed it.

Never did know what I hit that put the dent in the rim. Was cranked right over and lucky to keep it together the impact was so severe, knocked the gps right off the bars. If it'd been an alloy rim no doubt it would have been totally destroyed.
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

I fancy a pair of spoked wheels to give mine that period 900 look, but didnt realise they were that pricey :roll:
1995 ZR1100A2