SEQUENTIAL INDICATORS

When all the smoke has escaped from inside the wires...
alsimms

SEQUENTIAL INDICATORS

Post by alsimms »

Hi all, just wondering if any body has fitted sequetial indicators?. i've just fitted a set but it doesn't matter what position you have the indicator switch all of them flash at the same time?.
Also does anyone have aspare rev counter needle i can purchase for a 1992 550?.

Thanks,
Al.
Swampy

Re: SEQUENTIAL INDICATORS

Post by Swampy »

Al, I must admit I had to Google sequential indicators to see what they were :o
Have a look on YouTube as I came across some videos on there that might help you ! :)
Swamps :)
alsimms

Re: SEQUENTIAL INDICATORS

Post by alsimms »

HI ,
the issue why they all work together is the fact that the dash indicator warnining light acts as basically an alternating switched earth, i e when the left hand indicator is on the power flows one way then when the right hand indicator is on the power flow the other way. so to cure this you fit diodes to both input wire from the indicators and connect both indicator wires to one input wire on the warning light and then earth the remaining wire on the warning light. so obviously the power will only flow one way .
I did this last night and it works, the only issue is the indicator warning light on the dash doesn't now flash as you have to remove the flasher relay and link the two relay wires together ( two pin relay, some models have three wires mine doesn't use the earth wire).The reason for removing the relay is that if you don't the flasher relay doesn't allow the sequential indicators to do the full flow of L E D's.