Why I love my Zephyr

Introduce yourself, share your heroic Zephyr tales, put the world to rights, gossip, etc.
Freddy

Why I love my Zephyr

Post by Freddy »

As the title says, what I like most about my Zephyr ......

With the Christmas/New Year holidays (family things etc) and then its been real hot and smokey from the bushfires, haven't ridden the Zephyr for quite some weeks. So out it comes today for shakedown short ride before a big one with the regular crew on Saturday. Just wanted to be sure everything was ok.

Put the riding gear on, get the bike out the garage, push it out to the street. Turn the key on, hit the starter button, nothing. Check everything, nothing. Oil and neutral light stay on bright, no clicks, but just nothing. So back into the garage it goes, take the riding gear off, and take off the seat and side covers. Get the test lamp out and check the leads to the solenoid (right there easy accessible on the left side). Within 20 seconds I've figured out what was wrong and life is good again.

It's that simplicity, low tech but reliable, and easy of access to everything that I just love.

P.S. Not going to say what was wrong as it'll just demonstrate my stupidity.
Shedman

Re: Why I love my Zephyr

Post by Shedman »

Freddy wrote:As the title says, what I like most about my Zephyr ......

With the Christmas/New Year holidays (family things etc) and then its been real hot and smokey from the bushfires, haven't ridden the Zephyr for quite some weeks. So out it comes today for shakedown short ride before a big one with the regular crew on Saturday. Just wanted to be sure everything was ok.

Put the riding gear on, get the bike out the garage, push it out to the street. Turn the key on, hit the starter button, nothing. Check everything, nothing. Oil and neutral light stay on bright, no clicks, but just nothing. So back into the garage it goes, take the riding gear off, and take off the seat and side covers. Get the test lamp out and check the leads to the solenoid (right there easy accessible on the left side). Within 20 seconds I've figured out what was wrong and life is good again.

It's that simplicity, low tech but reliable, and easy of access to everything that I just love.

P.S. Not going to say what was wrong as it'll just demonstrate my stupidity.
Kill switch?
Freddy

Post by Freddy »

Give the man a cigar!

Never use it, don't know how it got flicked over.
Shedman

Post by Shedman »

Freddy wrote:Give the man a cigar!

Never use it, don't know how it got flicked over.
Lol and no I'm not saying how I knew because I never use mine either!
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

:roll:
1995 ZR1100A2