Engine swap

For all your mechanical queries, or for sharing your mechanical know-how. Also used for arguing about which oil to use...
Philbo

Engine swap

Post by Philbo »

Anyone swapped a zephyr 750 engine for something else?

Will another Kawasaki 750 engine fit? or something else?
hugojose

Re: Engine swap

Post by hugojose »

The only thing easy would be a bolt-one alternative, which is another Kawasaki air cooled 750-4, because that's what basically the 750 Zeph engine is, and of those, only the ZR-7 engine is newer and improved, but different ignition, different crankshaft timing rotor mount, and longer front sprocket shaft, make it somewhat an involved swapp overcoming the differences......I know at least a couple of people who did this, one with machining skills, the other one by modifying the ignition wiring (which is what I would do).

....even when most everything is possible throwing enough money, time, and resources, does not mean is practical, and everything else would be more expensive and complicated thant simply buying a different bike with the desired changes/improvements, unless you want a project for the sake of a project and time and money is no object.
kinkyfreestyler

Post by kinkyfreestyler »

cheak the gpx 750 engine, its basically a water cooled zr motor
Ben drake

Post by Ben drake »

I have brought a bike (half finished project) with a zr engine in can anyone here tell me what wires and how they need adapting
Thanks
kinkyfreestyler

Post by kinkyfreestyler »

Hi ben ,you need to give a bit more info
what are you tryingto sort out ?