Carb Heater question

When all the smoke has escaped from inside the wires...
GaryBode69

Carb Heater question

Post by GaryBode69 »

Does anyone have thoughts on whether carb heaters are needed for Summer riding in the UK? (Mine is a 750C1)
Reason for my query is that the connectors directly on each heater were severely corroded leaving very little to connect to.
This was discovered when stripping my carbs to be sent off to be deep cleaned at the back end of last year. (that's another story of woe which I may share soon :roll: )

thanks
Gary
Swampy

Re: Carb Heater question

Post by Swampy »

GaryBode69 wrote:Does anyone have thoughts on whether carb heaters are needed for Summer riding in the UK? (Mine is a 750C1)
Reason for my query is that the connectors directly on each heater were severely corroded leaving very little to connect to.
This was discovered when stripping my carbs to be sent off to be deep cleaned at the back end of last year. (that's another story of woe which I may share soon :roll: )

thanks
Gary

I would of thought not personally, heaters are not fitted to my 1100 and its always been fine, not that i use it in the winter :o
Swamps :)
GaryBode69

Post by GaryBode69 »

thanks Swampy, interesting to know not all models have the heaters.
Freddy

Post by Freddy »

Gasoline can freeze at -38C (-100F) so I suppose it depends if UK summers get warmer than that. From what I hear possibly not :lol:
GaryBode69

Post by GaryBode69 »

Freddy wrote:Gasoline can freeze at -38C (-100F) so I suppose it depends if UK summers get warmer than that. From what I hear possibly not :lol:
:D
Shedman

Post by Shedman »

My C1 hasn't got any and I don't think it ever did and I have used my bike in winter with no problems.
Dodger11

Post by Dodger11 »

I have a zr 550 model B zepyer with carb heaters on ,when I took carbs off to clean two of the wires had shaped off the carb body's only owned the bike for three months, the guy I bought it from said it stud in the garage for about two years traced the wires back to the control box under the back of the seat cowel looks like a block of rust ,has anybody removed them
Shedman

Post by Shedman »

Dodger11 wrote:I have a zr 550 model B zepyer with carb heaters on ,when I took carbs off to clean two of the wires had shaped off the carb body's only owned the bike for three months, the guy I bought it from said it stud in the garage for about two years traced the wires back to the control box under the back of the seat cowel looks like a block of rust ,has anybody removed them
Yes, with no problems on my C4 750 Zephyr, but I don't know nuffink abaaht 550's :oops:
Dodger11

Post by Dodger11 »

Thanks in the middle of striping the bike down at the moment,I will try leaving them unplugged when I get sorted.if it runs ok they will be off.