Hello

Introduce yourself, share your heroic Zephyr tales, put the world to rights, gossip, etc.
Steve1986

Hello

Post by Steve1986 »

Hi Everyone - new to the site. Picked up a Zephyr 550 (1996) as a project and will be working on her over summer and winter. Its had work previously so not in too bad a shape from a Cafe Racer perspective but still needs work. New to this model bike so expect some questions about where to find parts etc - rearsets have been a nightmare to find for example.

Looking chattin with you all.

Cheers - Steve
Shedman

Re: Hello

Post by Shedman »

Hi Steve and welcome :D Where are you? It's easier to point someone in the direction of spare parts if we know which side of which ocean you are on. BTW.... everyone here likes pictures :lol:
Steve1986

Post by Steve1986 »

Hi Shedman, thanks for the welcome. I am in Lancashire in the UK. Ill pop some pics up. Bike is in fairly good nick, needs some work including a rewire but I'll install an M-unit to make the rewire easier, the choke cable is stiff as and so needs replacing, throttle cable too i think, carbs seem to be in a god state and balanced but will check them anyway. Beyond that mostly it's the standard gasket and seal changes and aesthetics. I want to install clip ons and rearsets so i can lower the riding position, most of the brackets, swing arm etc need powder coating. Main issue I've found today is the downpipes need fabrication work as the 4 into 1 doesn't clear the oil filter housing so I had to take the pipes off to do an oil change and filter replacement, in doing that I found the half ring retainers are perished so now I'm trying to find some new ones and gaskets for the cylinder head ports. If I can salvage the downpipes, sandblast, fab the 4 into 1 coupling and powder coat then I will, if not ill be looking for a complete new set of headers to be made. Problem is finding services/parts as I can't fabricate my own parts. But, its all good fun and I don't mind taking my time with it. Anyway, I'll add some pics of the bike as is but if anyone knows if any good places to get parts or services let me know.

Cheers - Steve
Steve1986

Post by Steve1986 »

Some pics attached. Cheers - Steve
Attachments
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

Hi and welcome Steve, look forward to the progress :)
1995 ZR1100A2
Adam

Post by Adam »

Steve,
I thought your bike looked familiar - have a watch of this video to see how it came to look the way it does:
https://youtu.be/5d9H0SyWMVs

Regards
Adam
ZoneAdmin
Site Admin

Post by ZoneAdmin »

Very interesting :P
Regards
Dennis

Current bikes: Zephyr 750 C4, Zephyr 750 C3
-------------------------------------------------------