headlight

When all the smoke has escaped from inside the wires...
sheepheerder

headlight

Post by sheepheerder »

can anyone tell me if the 94 zr1100 headlight comes on with the ignition or does the stator need to power it. im in the middle of putting the bike back together from a complete tear down and trying to sort out electrical stuff i cant start it to find out because im a long way from starting it.
hugojose

Re: headlight

Post by hugojose »

As far as I know, Kawasaki triggers the headlight from one of the stator phases, to a relay in the fuse box. 750 Zephyr is like that, so headlamp comes on only after the engine catches. Have a Suzuki that turns the headlamp on with ignition, but engaging the starter interrupts power to it. Both systems prevent taxing the battery while cranking.
Stereordinary

Post by Stereordinary »

My Zephyr 550 is my second Kawasaki, and both of them didn’t turn the headlight on until the first press of the starter. So basically what hugojose said.
A breeze from the west.
sheepheerder

Post by sheepheerder »

thanks guys. i have only had this bike running a couple of times before i started taking it apart it was a bit of a basket case and noticing if the headlight worked or not was not of a concern at the time. so for now ill just leave it as it is till i get it started and hopfully the lights work then.