OK, what's everyone excuse?

Introduce yourself, share your heroic Zephyr tales, put the world to rights, gossip, etc.
Freddy

OK, what's everyone excuse?

Post by Freddy »

Though it was supposedly the near middle of summer in the Northern Hemisphere, so everyone should be out riding. That would surely give rise to lots of activity on the Zone. Problems, experiences, even pics or details of the epic ride. BUT, seemingly nope, .... hardly a post on the Zone.

Is this to suggest that virtually all the worlds Zephyr's are just sitting under covers in a garage?

P.S. My excuse is its the middle of Winter here in Australia and the days aren't getting much over 20C. Also waiting for new tyres to arrive from Europe, covid seems to have mucked sea shipments up for a lot of things. The rear is just about shot, and has a very slowly leaking plug. Only started to leak when it got worn down. I won't use anything other than Continental Road Attack 3's so I'll wait, not expected till July (hopefully).
Richard

Re: OK, what's everyone excuse?

Post by Richard »

Yeah Freddy, it's kind of silent here on the forum...

Anyway I do have an excuse, I've been waiting for a couple of front discs, they arrived today with a 4 week lead time :o
And then there's my petcock order from CMS, even worse as it has been delayed again to next friday (happended 3 weeks in a row...)

And yes I do need a new set of tires as well, not sure which ones though. I'm not a regular driver and also at my age not too sporty anymore. So have to look around and probably need some good advice ;)

Enjoy the weekend all!
Stereordinary

Post by Stereordinary »

No excuse needed here, I’m riding almost every day, and not having any problems with my bike. Well no problems that I haven’t already posted about anyway.
Attachments
Here’s one of my out and about photos from a little while ago.
Here’s one of my out and about photos from a little while ago.
A breeze from the west.
David Richard

Post by David Richard »

im not sure what the reason would be for the lack of activity here i look most days and just read old posts some people talk about sites on face book ,i dont do that so wouldnt know its a shame dennis renewed the contract for another year .i am out on mine when the weather permits and im still waiting for my paint shop to finish my tank and panels to be done the hold up is you cant buy luminous orange paint in the uk but i think i have found a good match so there should be some hope for mid july i will post photos soon ,or i could just buy the one on ebay ,david
Richard

Post by Richard »

I also think this forum is a bit hard to find or at least other Zephyr owners are not aware of its existence. I'm on a Zephyr facebook page which is more alive, there are questions asked on a daily basis. Last time I posted an awareness message of this page and I got some 20 thumbs up. Maybe we need to make some more fuzz about this forum on the other media...?
Freddy

Post by Freddy »

Richard wrote:I also think this forum is a bit hard to find or at least other Zephyr owners are not aware of its existence. I'm on a Zephyr facebook page which is more alive, there are questions asked on a daily basis. Last time I posted an awareness message of this page and I got some 20 thumbs up. Maybe we need to make some more fuzz about this forum on the other media...?
I can't make the slightest sense of Facebook, anytime I've ever tried to use it I've come away thinking it has to be the most user unfriendly bit of software on the planet. But then again I think the same about trying to use a 'smart phone' compared to a proper computer to search the internet.
ZoneAdmin
Site Admin

Post by ZoneAdmin »

I am going to The Classic Motorcycle Show at the Staffordshire County Showground on 3rd July, if anyone is planning to go let me know, it would be good to meet up. …I know it will be too far for you Freddy ;)

I have not been able to devote much time to the site recently. There is a lot of good information on here and some very knowledgeable members so anything we can do to increase the interest will benefit us all.

Take care
Regards
Dennis

Current bikes: Zephyr 750 C4, Zephyr 750 C3
-------------------------------------------------------
Previous bikes: Kawasaki Z1000 A2, Kawasaki KH400 A4, Kawasaki KH250 B1
Freddy

Post by Freddy »

ZoneAdmin wrote:I am going to The Classic Motorcycle Show at the Staffordshire County Showground on 3rd July, if anyone is planning to go let me know, it would be good to meet up. …I know it will be too far for you Freddy ;)
I don't mind long rides. It's just the rear tyre is on its last legs, and I've been waiting for a shipment to arrive in Australia. But thinking about it, Continental tyres are made in Germany so I could probably go that way and pick up a replacement on the way. Have to give this some serious consideration.....
ZoneAdmin
Site Admin

Post by ZoneAdmin »

…maybe you better order another spare :lol: