Stu's Zephyr 750 C1 Restomisation Project

Document your ongoing rebuilds and restorations here
Stu

Re: Stu's Zephyr 750 C1 Restomisation Project

Post by Stu »

So, all novels have to have an ending... :cry:

As I mentioned above, I wrote off my 1050 Speed Triple in February in a stupid, low speed, cold new tyre plus roundabout lack-of-adhesion incident, and broke my wrist. While still incapacitated, I suddenly got an offer for the Zephyr that wasn't a million miles away from what I'd spent on it, and it got loaded on a truck and delivered to its new home in Scotland. I think he's got a great bike (although I suspect it may end up with clip-ons, the tail cut off and a brown seat cover :o )

At the same time, I got an offer I couldn't refuse for my recently completed Guzzi T3 lockdown project, and that was collected and disappeared too, which left a big hole in the garage and a bank account with "three bikes" in it.

The accident had left me with a weak wrist and shaken confidence, so I bought myself something newish, softly tuned and with a very light clutch... a Triumph (Bonneville) Street Twin 900. It was intended to be a stopgap to get me back into the swing of things, but so far it's everything I've been looking for in a bike (in all the wrong places!), and may well be a keeper.

Cheers for now... and thanks for all the advice, support and encouragement. It's been a ride!

Stu :geek:
Richard

Re: Stu's Zephyr 750 C1 Restomisation Project

Post by Richard »

And thanks Stu for sharing your wonderful stories, I've always enjoyed reading about the progress you made. Maybe one day you run across another Zephyr, in dear need for some restauration who knows...?

All the best Stu!