What have you done today, Zephyr-wise?

Introduce yourself, share your heroic Zephyr tales, put the world to rights, gossip, etc.

Re: What have you done today, Zephyr-wise?

Postby David Richard » 18 May 2020, 18:11

hi swampy ,just read your post this has caught us all out i can see your point of view on the whether to use your bike or not its a bit different ,i have kept mine out it was out of fuel completely dry but i did use it sunday morning im thinking once every week wont hurt ,but just very careful ,roll on next year ,david
David Richard

Postby andye » 18 Jun 2020, 21:31

I've started going to work on mine. 25 miles each way, no traffic, good weather. Up until now it's been great. Normally I would manage once a week If I was lucky, but since lockdown I've been doing 3 or 4 every week. It is sharing duty now with a Triumph Legend.
andye

Postby Ivor » 22 Jun 2020, 17:32

Nice you're using it for work andyegreat weather and quiet ish roads still, mine broke down today so it's in the naughty shed
Loud Pipes Save Lives :)
Ivor

Postby andye » 23 Jun 2020, 20:07

Hope its nothing serious Ivor.
andye

Postby kanopka_dog3 » 09 Jul 2020, 11:09

Hello forum,former 550 zephyr and new zr1100 owner here.I also have an 84 550 gpz ive owned for years.My current zr1100 is from Ohio and been sitting for years.As most bikes like it,its rubber and carbs were devistated,including the header and exhaust.The bike is in Sanford florida now.I got it running very well now,all considered.I also have a royal enfield problem.All told,i own 3 royal enfields and 2 kawis.Thanks for tolerating my questions and queries,im finding it a slow process sourcing my replacement parts here in florida,but the bike is very fun and has 28,000 miles and is the most practical of all my bikes.cheers
kanopka_dog3

Previous

Return to The Zephyr Lounge