Hello to one and all

Introduce yourself, share your heroic Zephyr tales, put the world to rights, gossip, etc.
Gordonh

Hello to one and all

Post by Gordonh »

image.png
Just rejoined after a spell away,Live in Washington near Newcastle.I have a 1992 1100 Zephyr which I have been restoring and am nearly finished.Only problem left to solve concerns the carb body that holds the bolted on metal cable guide/holder.At some point the pivot on the carb body has snapped off the carb.Anyone know where I can get a carb body from or have it repaired/welded.Pic of the bike attached.
arejay

Re: Hello to one and all

Post by arejay »

has yours broken in the same place as mine ?
sony 223.jpg
Gordonh

Post by Gordonh »

It has mate,going to strip it and try locktite glue I've changed the cross head screw for a small bolt and Spring washer and it has'nt moved yet so I will see what happens and let you know.
arejay

Post by arejay »

yes i fixed mine with Q bond, its lasted just about a year now with no issues- in fact it runs so well like it is that i haven't bothered fitting the replacement set of carbs that i eventually found for it, i detailed the repair that i did on mine in the WANTED section of the zone under 1100 CARB if you haven't already seen it
Gordonh

Post by Gordonh »

Thanks for that mate will have a look at your post,cheers Gordon