750 barrels

Request your mint petrol tanks and wire wheels here

750 barrels

Postby Stu » 24 Jan 2020, 13:54

Following my crunch in the garage, I need a used set of 750 barrels.

All fins intact, please, but bore condition unimportant provided they'll clean up at first oversize.

Anyone got one before I snap up the set on eBay?
User avatar
Stu
 
Posts: 117
Joined: 04 Sep 2017, 11:12

Re: 750 barrels

Postby Shedman » 24 Jan 2020, 22:19

Stu wrote:Following my crunch in the garage, I need a used set of 750 barrels.

All fins intact, please, but bore condition unimportant provided they'll clean up at first oversize.

Anyone got one before I snap up the set on eBay?


Stu, I have a set of barrels and pistons off a later ZR750 7 in exceptionally good condition, only I don't know if they will fit straight on to a Zephyr motor. If you are in the UK then you are welcome to pick them up for free and give them a try.
Shedman
 
Posts: 111
Joined: 06 Dec 2017, 08:31
Location: Derby UK

Re: 750 barrels

Postby Stu » 26 Jan 2020, 16:48

Thanks, Shedman, much appreciated, but I jumped the gun and grabbed a set on eBay.

Looks like insurance company are paying out (a new barrel is available at a mere £1100, :mrgreen: )

I'll have some spare standard pistons (maybe 7!) if anybody needs them.
User avatar
Stu
 
Posts: 117
Joined: 04 Sep 2017, 11:12

Re: 750 barrels

Postby Shedman » 26 Jan 2020, 19:14

Stu wrote:Thanks, Shedman, much appreciated, but I jumped the gun and grabbed a set on eBay.

Looks like insurance company are paying out (a new barrel is available at a mere £1100, :mrgreen: )

I'll have some spare standard pistons (maybe 7!) if anybody needs them.

I'm glad you got sorted Stu, hope I never need to buy some new at that price :o ps. Does anyone need a doorstop? sick of tripping over the sodding thing in my shed :lol:
Shedman
 
Posts: 111
Joined: 06 Dec 2017, 08:31
Location: Derby UK

Re: 750 barrels

Postby Stu » 27 Jan 2020, 14:46

Maybe stick four of my pistons in it and stick it on eBay. I just paid £100 for one. ;)
User avatar
Stu
 
Posts: 117
Joined: 04 Sep 2017, 11:12

Re: 750 barrels

Postby Shedman » 27 Jan 2020, 18:03

Stu wrote:Maybe stick four of my pistons in it and stick it on eBay. I just paid £100 for one. ;)


As I recall, the barrels that I have came with pistons, rings and gudgeon pins, I'll have to check now as I've not looked at them for a couple of years.
Shedman
 
Posts: 111
Joined: 06 Dec 2017, 08:31
Location: Derby UK


Return to Wanted

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron