waiting to go

Introduce yourself, share your heroic Zephyr tales, put the world to rights, gossip, etc.
David Richard

waiting to go

Post by David Richard »

the present situation has had a massive affect on most people by now ,and some more than others ,like many of us preparing bikes and making improvements but guess i should be happy just to polish it .i think it would have slowed the resale of bikes and cars but i hope in a few months time things change and can get out ,has any one done any miles this year ,david
Shedman

Re: waiting to go

Post by Shedman »

Hello David, I've managed about a quarter of a mile on my Zephyr so far this year. As for cleaning the engine I've been sat on a stool with cotton buds and white spirit removing crud from between the fins on the top end while I'm waiting for a new pulse generator to arrive. After that I'm not really sure what will happen, my MOT ran out in November but I don't know if or when I can get it tested again. The Government has suspended MOT's for six months because of this virus, but only if your MOT ran out after March 30th, if it ran out before that date then you will have to MOT it in the usual way. Good luck finding a garage that will do that. On a lighter note I've been out on my Royal Enfield a few times, strictly for shopping of course ;)
Swampy

Post by Swampy »

My bike is still in its bag, its normally on the road in April but i'm seriously thinking of leaving it where it is for this year if this lock down goes on into months rather than weeks :cry:
Swamps :)
Freddy

Post by Freddy »

Swampy wrote:My bike is still in its bag, its normally on the road in April but i'm seriously thinking of leaving it where it is for this year if this lock down goes on into months rather than weeks :cry:
I'll certainly be months in Australia, MANY months as we are going into Winter not out of it.
David Richard

Post by David Richard »

morning all thanks for the reply , yes i have a couple with historic tax so they just need fuel and a battery my zephyr mot runs out in july but is it worth taxing like swampy said may just put it away the garage has never been so clean and i have been decorating indoors but who knows how long for ,its a very strange situation ,
Shedman

Post by Shedman »

Freddy wrote:
Swampy wrote:My bike is still in its bag, its normally on the road in April but i'm seriously thinking of leaving it where it is for this year if this lock down goes on into months rather than weeks :cry:
I'll certainly be months in Australia, MANY months as we are going into Winter not out of it.
Winter.......Australia? :D Do you get snow in Oz? I guess I'd just assume that Oz is mostly hot, full of beaches, bikini's, barbie's and beer! I suppose its a bit like a lot of Americans think that anything North of London is a forest :lol:
Freddy

Post by Freddy »

Shedman wrote:
Freddy wrote:
Winter.......Australia? :D Do you get snow in Oz? I guess I'd just assume that Oz is mostly hot, full of beaches, bikini's, barbie's and beer! I suppose its a bit like a lot of Americans think that anything North of London is a forest :lol:
Your description of most of Australia is pretty accurate. But it does get cold here in Winter. Sometimes its even necessary to put a jumper on.
Eddie

Post by Eddie »

I was really looking forward to getting my Zephyr back on the road after its lengthy rebuild, but I've just been put on the Government Furlough work scheme till the end of May, and my employer says they will shut down or "downsize" if it is extended so I'll probably be out of a job as well. This year is turning into a nightmare. I can't see me insuring, mot, and taxing it which is bloody frustrating!.

Stay safe everyone and cross everything we all get out of this

Cheers eddie
92 Kawasaki Zephyr 1100
78 Kawasaki Z1000a2
10 KTM 990 SMT
76 Yamaha XT500 supermoto
80 Honda Z50R Monkey
Swampy

Post by Swampy »

Eddie wrote:I was really looking forward to getting my Zephyr back on the road after its lengthy rebuild, but I've just been put on the Government Furlough work scheme till the end of May, and my employer says they will shut down or "downsize" if it is extended so I'll probably be out of a job as well. This year is turning into a nightmare. I can't see me insuring, mot, and taxing it which is bloody frustrating!.

Stay safe everyone and cross everything we all get out of this

Cheers eddie

Eddie, absolutely gutted for you mate, i really hope that things work out for you work wise and with the bike at least you have it, you might not get to ride it this year but there will always be next !
My fingers are crossed for you and be good and stay at home to get through this shit..... Swamps :(
Swamps :)
Eddie

Post by Eddie »

Cheers Swamps,

Yeah I'll keep smiling and get through it see what next year brings, was looking forward to Zephyr rally though and Ace Cafe Kawasaki Sunday (5th April) would've been the first sunny one for a few years!!.
Oh well back to my isolation shed to stare at the bike a bit more....

Stay safe and polish on!

Eddie
92 Kawasaki Zephyr 1100
78 Kawasaki Z1000a2
10 KTM 990 SMT
76 Yamaha XT500 supermoto
80 Honda Z50R Monkey