I'm back, I hope...

Introduce yourself, share your heroic Zephyr tales, put the world to rights, gossip, etc.
Richard

I'm back, I hope...

Post by Richard »

Hi all,

First of all my apologies to my friends here at this forum for leaving so sudden without any explanation! Somehow my work/live balance was gone too far off and had a real negative influence on my private live. It's been almost 2 years now and thank god my relationship has been fully restored but it was close, I simply had to take big measures and so I dropped all hobby related activities and spent my time more wisely. So much for my explanation...

Last weekend I started the bike after I installed a new battery and that worked out nicely. Still lots of work to be done but at least I have a running bike. The idea is to ride it far more often this year, such a shame it was parked for 2 years :roll:

Anyway I'm happy to be back and I hope to be able to spend some more time on the forum as I have some reading to do :mrgreen:

My son made this video of me (re)starting the bike:
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i95EkpuoWZI[/youtube]
Last edited by Richard on 22 May 2021, 16:38, edited 1 time in total.
Shedman

Re: I'm back, I hope...

Post by Shedman »

Hello Richard, it is good to see you back and I'm glad that your life is back on track. I was also AWOL for a year as I was fixing up our new house and didn't have much time for the internet or bikes, the real World had to come first.
My Zephyr had only done 35 miles in the last 18 months but today it has passed its MOT so is now ready for the road again.
Richard

Post by Richard »

Yes I've been reading a few stories and it looks we're not alone. Real live sometimes has to take precedence as it seems. For me it was simply necessary. But hey I'm happy to be able to spend time again on this fabiolous hobby!
Stu

Post by Stu »

Hi Richard... great to hear from you, and hear that things are somewhat back to normal (whatever that is these days!).

My own Zephyr has been together for about 4 months or more now, but has done the total of about 10 miles. Weather was too horrible to consider taking it out and then as the sun came out we all got locked down. It still hasn't got to have an MOT test although it is now insured!

In the meantime my lovely wife had an accident with the car and knocked my BMW over which saved itself by breaking the fins on the Zephyr's barrel... still haven't found the motivation to fix it... it's perfectly rideable as is.

I still pop in here every couple of weeks to see if anything's happening... not a lot usually!

Welcome back.
Richard

Post by Richard »

Thx Stu!

And yes I read about your wifes mishap. By now you've probably read my comment ;)

I'm planning to be here regular again but could be weekly after a while when I finished reading some of the topics here :roll:

Stay safe and healthy
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

hi and welcome back, .. all we need now is for lockdown to lift and some sunny riding weather :)
1995 ZR1100A2
Silverkap

Post by Silverkap »

Welcome back!!!
Richard

Post by Richard »

Thanks guys!
GaryBode69

Post by GaryBode69 »

Richard wrote:Yes I've been reading a few stories and it looks we're not alone. Real live sometimes has to take precedence as it seems. For me it was simply necessary. But hey I'm happy to be able to spend time again on this fabiolous hobby!
Hi Richard- just to say hello and thank you for your restoration story which is fascinating and has lots of great information from you and some of the core members on this forum.