Hello! I have a question

Introduce yourself, share your heroic Zephyr tales, put the world to rights, gossip, etc.
GaryBode69

Hello! I have a question

Post by GaryBode69 »

Hi all,
I'm not new to the forum as such as I have had an account for a while but have not got around to posting - so hello!
I own a 750 C1 with around 18k on the clock in Persimmon Red, based in the UK.
I've had the bike since the mid/late 1990's.
I''ve been working through a few jobs recently and have a burning question relating to airbox to carb rubber ducts.
I'll post that question outside of this post.
good to meet you all.
Gary
David Richard

Re: Hello! I have a question

Post by David Richard »

hi gary ignore my question about info ,should have read your intro first ,david
Shedman

Post by Shedman »

Hi Gary, I have a red C1 and I'm also in the UK, one day we may cross paths :)
GaryBode69

Post by GaryBode69 »

Shedman wrote:Hi Gary, I have a red C1 and I'm also in the UK, one day we may cross paths :)
Only in Derby as well!

I'm not on the road yet - just fitted new airbox to carb rubbers after having carbs fully cleaned inside and out.
Brakes (also refurbed) to refit front and back
and then on with the body work.
Then the slight challenge of getting it running again after the carb work!
David Richard

Post by David Richard »

hi gary,thats a step closer to turning the key i think if you buy shedman a pint he can do these with his eyes closed now and then there might be one more in the zephyr spotted they are quite rare now,i read you have had this one some time now ,what else do you have ?can we see a photo some time .i must admit i have done 4 miles on mine this year its so frustrating but we are all in the same boat ,david
Shedman

Post by Shedman »

GaryBode69 wrote:
Shedman wrote:Hi Gary, I have a red C1 and I'm also in the UK, one day we may cross paths :)
Only in Derby as well!

I'm not on the road yet - just fitted new airbox to carb rubbers after having carbs fully cleaned inside and out.
Brakes (also refurbed) to refit front and back
and then on with the body work.
Then the slight challenge of getting it running again after the carb work!
If you need a hand give me a shout :)
Shedman

Post by Shedman »

David Richard wrote:hi gary,thats a step closer to turning the key i think if you buy shedman a pint he can do these with his eyes closed now and then there might be one more in the zephyr spotted they are quite rare now,i read you have had this one some time now ,what else do you have ?can we see a photo some time .i must admit i have done 4 miles on mine this year its so frustrating but we are all in the same boat ,david
:lol: As soon as the 1st of May arrives I'm taxing it and I'll be using it for shopping ;)
GaryBode69

Post by GaryBode69 »

Shedman wrote:
David Richard wrote:hi gary,thats a step closer to turning the key i think if you buy shedman a pint he can do these with his eyes closed now and then there might be one more in the zephyr spotted they are quite rare now,i read you have had this one some time now ,what else do you have ?can we see a photo some time .i must admit i have done 4 miles on mine this year its so frustrating but we are all in the same boat ,david
:lol: As soon as the 1st of May arrives I'm taxing it and I'll be using it for shopping ;)
Mine's not been on the road for 3 years!
I would post a 'before' picture if I could work out how to do it!! :?:
I got as far as clicking on the image button, do I need to have the picture stored elsewhere on a public server?
Shedman

Post by Shedman »

GaryBode69 wrote:
Shedman wrote:
Mine's not been on the road for 3 years!
I would post a 'before' picture if I could work out how to do it!! :?:
I got as far as clicking on the image button, do I need to have the picture stored elsewhere on a public server?
When you click on Post Reply, under the SAVE DRAFT PREVIEW SUBMIT buttons there is OPTIONS and UPLOAD ATTACHMENT, click UPLOAD ATTACHMENT then CHOOSE FILE and it should open your Documents on your PC, select the pic you want then click ADD THE FILE, then click PLACE INLINE. Well that's how I do it on my laptop, I don't use mobile phones so I don't know about them
101.jpg
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

hi welcome :)
1995 ZR1100A2