Hi, from the middle of Australia

Introduce yourself, share your heroic Zephyr tales, put the world to rights, gossip, etc.
Ryan550

Hi, from the middle of Australia

Post by Ryan550 »

So I joined, just because I found a forum for the old Zephyr, so I'm a 40 year old mechanic from Alice Springs in central Australia, I've only just got my motorbike license, I know I;m pretty slack, but my parents and brothers have always had theirs.

Anyway I kind of inherited this old Zephyr 550 from my brother, he picked it up from a friend, without keys, and with a fuel problem, then gave up on it.

So I'll be around here trying to figure out how to get this bike running properly instead of just sort of running as it is now, and probably also asking stupid questions about motorbikes since I've never really had too much to do with them.

Thanks
Ryan
David Richard

Re: Hi, from the middle of Australia

Post by David Richard »

hi ryan and welcome to the forum you do have a lot of people here which will be very glad to help ,dont worry about asking any thing that can go wrong with your bike someone has the answer ,what condition is it in did your brother look after it ?i think some parts over there are tricky to source ,im in the uk how popular were 550 over there ,when you have the time post some pictures ,what prompted you to take your test at this time in your life just remember be careful out there when your on two wheels you become invisible ,david
David Richard

Post by David Richard »

hi ryan and welcome to the forum you do have a lot of people here which will be very glad to help ,dont worry about asking any thing that can go wrong with your bike someone has the answer ,what condition is it in did your brother look after it ?i think some parts over there are tricky to source ,im in the uk how popular were 550 over there ,when you have the time post some pictures ,what prompted you to take your test at this time in your life just remember be careful out there when your on two wheels you become invisible ,david
David Richard

Post by David Richard »

David Richard

Post by David Richard »

David Richard

Post by David Richard »

David Richard

Post by David Richard »

David Richard

Post by David Richard »

David Richard

Post by David Richard »

Shedman

Post by Shedman »

David, that's a hell of a stutter! :lol: Hi Ryan and welcome, pics of your 550 would be appreciated :)