I need a new set of carbs

Issues with balancing, jets, filters, etc
PeterHat

I need a new set of carbs

Post by PeterHat »

Hi - Ive got a Zephyr 1100, 1992 model and I've had it for about 15 years. It is of course my pride & joy. I've had an ongoing issue for about 18 months with a fuel leak and i'm looking to replace either the number 2 carb or the whole set. Can anyone point me in the right direction? i've got a great local mechanic trying to help me but someone at some point has made a mess of it and its turning into a bit of a nightmare! I cant see anything on ebay, not sure what to do, any advice would be greatly appreciated.
8-)
hugojose

Re: I need a new set of carbs

Post by hugojose »

Where is the fuel leak? Usually the carb bodies don't suffer damage, is just a matter of refreshing them, and using some new parts. If insisting on new carb, you may have more luck looking for CVK34 carbs, but you would need the jets for this particular motorcycle.
PeterHat

Post by PeterHat »

hi - we seem to have located the leak and have replaced several parts and cleaned and made good everything but my mechanic says that whilst attaching the throttle cables the stand off that keeps the cable keeper in place crumbled into dust. looks like it was made from quick steel or something similar. I'm not entirely sure what this means as i'm a layman but i'm told that a replacement carb may be needed.
jrkk

Post by jrkk »

Hi. I have set for sale. 200€ +shipping. Couple of different sizes main jets included.
Check my sale post. viewtopic.php?f=5&t=376

Jones
hugojose

Post by hugojose »

There you go, and this may be the easiest rout for you to follow,.......but I seriously doubt what the mechanic said happened....it does not matter.
PeterHat

Re: I need a new set of carbs **Update**

Post by PeterHat »

UPDATE** I odered the peplacement carbs from JRKK in Finland, they arrived within a few days as described in great condition. My mechanic fitted them this week and I am one happy chap! The bike rides a lot smoother and there are no leaks, even sounds different! Thank you for your contributions - The Zephyr Zone to the rescue once again...!!

Happy Riding

Peter
jrkk

Post by jrkk »

Hi Peter.
I'm glad that you're pleased.
-Jones
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

Glad you've got it all sorted and great result from forum members too :D