Ground Points?

When all the smoke has escaped from inside the wires...
Fishrider

Ground Points?

Post by Fishrider »

I took off my wiring harness awhile back without taking any pics when it was on. :roll: Can someone post some pics of the Zephyr 750C grounding points for reference when I make my new harness. Thank you.
Adam

Re: Ground Points?

Post by Adam »

Hi,

I wasn't a member of the forum when you posted this - and I've no idea if you still need this info but...

Looking at the wiring diagram ( both in the Kawasaki workshop manual and Haynes) there aren't many places it is grounded. Most bits that need an earth have a wire that heads back to the battery.

The only bits I can see (on a C1 circuit diagram) that have their own earth are:
  • Spark plugs
  • Neutral Switch
  • Oil pressure switch
  • Starter motor
  • Battery -ve
For just about everything else, look out for black/yellow wires - that's the colour that comes back to the battery

Hope this helps!
Fishrider

Re: Ground Points?

Post by Fishrider »

Actually, I figured it out, but you are correct in your assessment Adam. Once you start putting everything together certain answers become apparent. Some answers you find by looking harder through the manual or Haynes. Other answers just come to you because certain wires or parts just have to go certain places. There is the obvious engine strap from the negative battery terminal to the right side of the engine. I think that strap technically grounds to the frame as well. On the original loom there is ground wire that connects to one of the rectifier bolts. It think this is the rectifier ground if I remember the schematic correctly. However, I went a different route and ran 12 gauge grounds for the front controls and a separate ground for the rectifier all back to a grounding block. Of course, I also attached the engine strap as it is necessary for the starter motor and oil pressure switch and plugs as you said.

-Mike