Got Rear-Ended Today.

Introduce yourself, share your heroic Zephyr tales, put the world to rights, gossip, etc.
Stereordinary

Got Rear-Ended Today.

Post by Stereordinary »

Sad news, I got rear-ended on my bike, and she’s pretty messed up. I’m ok, leg hurts, but I don’t think anything is broken. I was fully stopped behind a woman who was also fully stopped (the light was red), and the guy slammed into me and pushed me into the woman’s car. I think if I hadn’t been there he would’ve hit her instead.

I got all the insurance and ID info from them, and already filed insurance and incident reports.

I’m heartbroken over my bike.
Attachments
632D14FB-3159-466F-B454-B2327BA09501.jpeg
A breeze from the west.
Shedman

Re: Got Rear-Ended Today.

Post by Shedman »

Wow! Sorry to hear that Stereo but I'm glad you are ok. I suppose its too early to properly assess the damage to see if the bike is repairable?
Stereordinary

Post by Stereordinary »

Yeah, still too early to tell. She still rolls, and the engine and exhaust doesn’t appear to have taken any damage. But I’m concerned about the swingarm, rear suspension, and general frame integrity. That on top of the obvious issues with the rear end plastic stuff, and the entire headlight, and cockpit.
A breeze from the west.
ZoneAdmin
Site Admin

Post by ZoneAdmin »

Sorry to hear about your accident, good job you are okay. Hope you can get it sorted and then sort the cam chain noise again (just saw your other post from yesterday). Take care.
Regards
Dennis

Current bikes: Zephyr 750 C4, Zephyr 750 C3
-------------------------------------------------------
Previous bikes: Kawasaki Z1000 A2, Kawasaki KH400 A4, Kawasaki KH250 B1
Old Kwack

Post by Old Kwack »

It sucks when you do everything right and they still find a way to get you. Hope you can find enough parts to repair it.
Stereordinary

Post by Stereordinary »

Tell me about it. It seems like now I have everyone telling me I should reconsider riding a bike and just get a car (I’ve never owned a car and I don’t like driving them). But I was literally just sitting there at the wrong time.
A breeze from the west.
Swampy

Post by Swampy »

Sorry to hear this, glad that you are ok if you can say that considering you have leg injuries :shock: Hoping that its not to long before you get back on the road !
Swamps :)
Richard

Post by Richard »

Sad news indeed but glad you're okay. Such a stupid accident but it happens more often then you think, reason why I always keep some distance and check my mirrors. Hope you will be able to get it on the road again...