Until Next Spring

Introduce yourself, share your heroic Zephyr tales, put the world to rights, gossip, etc.
Swampy

Until Next Spring

Post by Swampy »

I've not got out on it much this year, somewhere around 200 miles I think, hopefully next year I'll manage some more ;)
Anyway, a quick polish today and in the bag until next spring :D
Attachments
IMG_1669.JPG
IMG_1671.JPG
Swamps :)
David Richard

Re: Until Next Spring

Post by David Richard »

hi swampy its the best place for it bagged up or indoors mine are bagged and away ,lets hope there are a few post over the next 5 months to keep some interest in the sight going
ZoneAdmin
Site Admin

Post by ZoneAdmin »

This year I managed 502 miles, much better than my 52 miles from 2021 :) Hopefully I will do ever better best year…

Very nice exhausts on your 1100 Swampy.
Regards
Dennis

Current bikes: Zephyr 750 C4, Zephyr 750 C3
-------------------------------------------------------
Previous bikes: Kawasaki Z1000 A2, Kawasaki KH400 A4, Kawasaki KH250 B1
Stereordinary

Post by Stereordinary »

Absolutely beautiful bike. Sad to see it packed away, but happy to see it well taken care of. I’ll be trying to get my 550 out on the occasional nice day, but they are few and far between for me this time of year.
A breeze from the west.
Swampy

Post by Swampy »

David Richard wrote:hi swampy its the best place for it bagged up or indoors mine are bagged and away ,lets hope there are a few post over the next 5 months to keep some interest in the sight going
Afternoon David, it does amaze me the amount of criticism I get from my posts when I mention putting it away for the winter months, only a few on here over the last 10 years but many other forums.
The bike is in my garage and it's the only thing that i can do to keep off the condensation off of it. If I didn't then after a few winters I'm pretty sure it would end up a pile of corroded mess.
Anyway, glad that you do the same, doesn't it just save on the cleaning :lol: :lol: :lol:
Swampy

Post by Swampy »

ZoneAdmin wrote:This year I managed 502 miles, much better than my 52 miles from 2021 :) Hopefully I will do ever better best year…

Very nice exhausts on your 1100 Swampy.

Thanks Dennis, I managed to get them from Germany just before Brexit, I understand the seller won't ship them to the UK now which is a bit of a pain.
As for the miles, well you did a lot better than me, hopefully next year i'll pull me finger out :o
Swampy

Post by Swampy »

Stereordinary wrote:Absolutely beautiful bike. Sad to see it packed away, but happy to see it well taken care of. I’ll be trying to get my 550 out on the occasional nice day, but they are few and far between for me this time of year.

Thanks Sterodinary,
Thanks and yes it is sad :(
I'd love to be able to jump on it and go all year round but as mentioned above the condensation would ruin it in a year or two, it's really not worth it :(
Freddy

Post by Freddy »

Simple solution .... move somewhere where you can ride all year round!
Swampy

Post by Swampy »

Freddy wrote:Simple solution .... move somewhere where you can ride all year round!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Greenzeph

Post by Greenzeph »

Always loved the green ones...