Pod filters

Issues with balancing, jets, filters, etc
Sykesweld

Pod filters

Post by Sykesweld »

I have a us model at 550. It came with pod filters on it and I’m trying to get it to run half way decent. Anyone have any info on air fuel screw setting ? Jet kit ? I know it should have the stock boxes on it but I can’t seem to find any. Any help would be appreciated.
Freddy

Re: Pod filters

Post by Freddy »

Sykesweld wrote:I have a us model at 550. It came with pod filters on it and I’m trying to get it to run half way decent. Anyone have any info on air fuel screw setting ? Jet kit ? I know it should have the stock boxes on it but I can’t seem to find any. Any help would be appreciated.
No jet kit or air fuel screw setting will compensate for the removal of the airbox. The removal of the airbox has changed a number of factors not related to fuel jets, so can't be corrected by fuel jet changes eg. no velocity stacks, negated how the emulsion tube works in a CV type carby, etc. Returning the bike back to a standard intake, is the only real way to get it running correctly again. I'm sure I saw several 550 airboxes for sale on ebay recently.