Its Crimbo, My new toy for my 1100 :)

Introduce yourself, share your heroic Zephyr tales, put the world to rights, gossip, etc.
Swampy

Its Crimbo, My new toy for my 1100 :)

Post by Swampy »

Ok so I've not fitted them yet, I would do but the bike is still in its bag and will be till March April time, but here's a short vid of me opening my Crimbo Present :)

https://youtu.be/whAznZxHpS0
Swamps :)
ZoneAdmin
Site Admin

Re: Its Crimbo, My new toy for my 1100 :)

Post by ZoneAdmin »

Hi Swampy, nice Christmas present :) Which site in Germany did you order them from?
Regards
Dennis

Current bikes: Zephyr 750 C4, Zephyr 750 C3
-------------------------------------------------------
Previous bikes: Kawasaki Z1000 A2, Kawasaki KH400 A4, Kawasaki KH250 B1
Eddie

Post by Eddie »

Hi Swamps,
Santa has been kind to you! Those look lovely I'll have to give you a shout in March /April, should have mine finally on the road by then and you should have figured out the instructions!!

Post some pics when they're on

Cheers eddie
Attachments
Here's one to get you going!
Here's one to get you going!
92 Kawasaki Zephyr 1100
78 Kawasaki Z1000a2
10 KTM 990 SMT
76 Yamaha XT500 supermoto
80 Honda Z50R Monkey
Swampy

Post by Swampy »

ZoneAdmin wrote:Hi Swampy, nice Christmas present :) Which site in Germany did you order them from?
The company that I used will be posted below, they were recommended to me via a Facebook group and I can honestly say they were as good as one would hope.
Delivery took 6 days, ordered on a Sunday and delivered on the Friday, kept informed all the way with tracking.
I paid via PayPal which no doubt will be a bit more expensive as payment is in euros and exchange rate wouldn't be the best, but if it was to go wrong this would've given me more avenues to claim back my payment.
Total was 1723.00 EUR which converts to £1610.94 and this includes delivery.
On a brighter note now that we have a Brexit deal no other fees should be added.

https://www.zclassicservice.de/shop/4-4 ... XUlDlzqzW8
Swampy

Post by Swampy »

Eddie wrote:Hi Swamps,
Santa has been kind to you! Those look lovely I'll have to give you a shout in March /April, should have mine finally on the road by then and you should have figured out the instructions!!

Post some pics when they're on

Cheers eddie
Thanks Eddie, the wife is moaning like f**k as the box is taking up so much space in the spare bedroom :lol:
I told her that its only there till April, the next problem is what to do with the system that I take off, I have no intention to get rid of it so another set of mufflers and pipework to go under the bed to join the spare set under there already :o
Thanks for the pic, def a right decision to buy.... Catch up soon :)
Eddie

Post by Eddie »

When is Swampy's exhaust center opening! Probably a good idea to stockpile some good standard sets, people seem to be restoring more of them these days.

Can't wait to hear what they sound like.... If you don't like it maybe they'll fit my Z1000 haha

Cheers eddie
92 Kawasaki Zephyr 1100
78 Kawasaki Z1000a2
10 KTM 990 SMT
76 Yamaha XT500 supermoto
80 Honda Z50R Monkey
DaveZ1

Post by DaveZ1 »

The company that I used will be posted below, they were recommended to me via a Facebook group and I can honestly say they were as good as one would hope.
Delivery took 6 days, ordered on a Sunday and delivered on the Friday, kept informed all the way with tracking.
I paid via PayPal which no doubt will be a bit more expensive as payment is in euros and exchange rate wouldn't be the best, but if it was to go wrong this would've given me more avenues to claim back my payment.
Total was 1723.00 EUR which converts to £1610.94 and this includes delivery.
On a brighter note now that we have a Brexit deal no other fees should be added.

https://www.zclassicservice.de/shop/4-4 ... XUlDlzqzW8[/quote]
Thanks for the link Swampy, been looking for a set of these for a few months now so was over the moon to find someone who can still supply them. Went to the site and tried to place an order but message came up “not currently shipping to the U.K. “
emailed them to try and reserve a set and find out when they will be able to ship so fingers crossed. P.s thanks Eddie for the heads up been pulling my hair out trying to locate a set for my B1 restoration.
Swampy

Post by Swampy »

DaveZ1, I wasn't planning at getting these just yet, but with the no deal on Brexit I wasn't going to hang around in case they decided to stick any charges on top, glad now that I did buy them, either they've ran out or the Brexit business has delayed things.
Please post here how you get on, hopefully other members can get an order in sooner rather than later :)
Swampy

Post by Swampy »

Eddie wrote:When is Swampy's exhaust center opening! Probably a good idea to stockpile some good standard sets, people seem to be restoring more of them these days.

Can't wait to hear what they sound like.... If you don't like it maybe they'll fit my Z1000 haha

Cheers eddie
Well when fitted I'll post a vid, just hope that this Covid shite dies down a bit, that's the reason why I didn't bother getting my bike out in April this year, because of the lockdown, if things carry on as they have been I might have to leave it in its bag till April 2022 :o :o
As for the spares, I have a pair of mufflers and when I change to the new ones a complete system, all in very very good condition :P