Wanted tie down hooks

Request your mint petrol tanks and wire wheels here
clueso7253

Wanted tie down hooks

Post by clueso7253 »

after a set of tie down hooks for the ZR1100 if there are any out there and not to expensive lol
Freddy

Re: Wanted tie down hooks

Post by Freddy »

clueso7253 wrote:after a set of tie down hooks for the ZR1100 if there are any out there and not to expensive lol
Ok, got to admit curiosity has got the better of me.

I have trailered my bike a couple of times, and haven't needed special hooks. The tie down straps themselves, sold in any big barn hardware store where I live and relatively inexpensive, have all the necessary hooks. One hook on one end for attaching to the floor or rail of the trailer, and one the other end which goes around your attachment point on the bike and goes into a small fold in the strap, making the loop to go around the lower fork clamp.

I always use a front wheel chock as well, straps both front and back (bike aren't going anywhere).
clueso7253

Post by clueso7253 »

lol they are the tie down hooks underneath the seat you twist them and they pop out to put bungees on them i might have put the question wrong lol
Freddy

Post by Freddy »

clueso7253 wrote:lol they are the tie down hooks underneath the seat you twist them and they pop out to put bungees on them i might have put the question wrong lol
Your question was probably right. Just my assumption, and what I instinctively think of when someone mentions 'tie down' stuff in relation to a motorcycle.
Stereordinary

Post by Stereordinary »

I just chanced upon a set of Zephyr 1100 tie down hooks if you're still looking.
A breeze from the west.