Fuel tap

Issues with balancing, jets, filters, etc
ZoneAdmin
Site Admin

Fuel tap

Post by ZoneAdmin »

I have ordered a fuel tap repair kit today for my 750 C3. The 2 filter tubes fitted to the tap are not included in the kit and do not appear to be available from Kawasaki, unless I buy the complete assembly. Does anyone know if these are available anywhere, or do I just fit an inline fuel filter?
IMG_0526.JPG
2nd part of my query is, does the disc/seals assembly come apart? I remove it from the grey plate and I did try but did not want to damage it.
IMG_0525.JPG
IMG_0524.JPG
Thanks in advance for any help.
Den.
Regards
Dennis

Current bikes: Zephyr 750 C4, Zephyr 750 C3
-------------------------------------------------------
Previous bikes: Kawasaki Z1000 A2, Kawasaki KH400 A4, Kawasaki KH250 B1
Swampy

Re: Fuel tap

Post by Swampy »

To be honest with you, you should of considered a new one , I bought a gen Kaw one for around £60, you know that its going to do what it's meant to and everything is included in the box.
Swamps :)
bunyip

Post by bunyip »

Den, I just fitted an inline filter. I figured it would be much more efficient than the wire gauze inside the tank anyway. Looks like you still have them so why not just leave them be? I still reckon fit a filter as well. There is not much spare space under the tank so it takes a bit of thought to get the right size and in/out orientation.
The diaphram is replaced as a unit. I see a few of these split from overtightening. Small screws sealing on rubber do not require an impact gun :lol:
Freddy

Post by Freddy »

I'm with Swampy on this one. In the 150,000 kilometres I've put up on my 750 D1, I've been stuck on the side of the road by only 3 things. A collapsed battery, a flat rear tyre (couple times), and a faulty fuel tap. I don't like being stuck by the side of the road, obviously. So I bin batteries after 3 years regardless, have converted my spoke rims to tubeless (easy roadside repair rather than major drama), and replaced the fuel tap with a brand new genuine one to minimize the possibility of any re-occurrence.
ZoneAdmin
Site Admin

Post by ZoneAdmin »

Thanks for the feedback guys. A new tap from Cradley Heath Kawasaki is £72.49 so I think I will invest in one. I need to order some others bits so will add this to my list. I found some of the tube type filters on ebay but the diameter was too small.
Regards
Dennis

Ryan550

Post by Ryan550 »

Amongst the several things I need to do to get my 550 on the road, I got a kit and rebuilt the fuel tap, seems to work properly now and not leak.

The diaphragm needs to be gently squished in and pushed through the hole. I managed to fit a small inline filter just above the left carb, I got some preformed fuel hose with 90 degree bends to stop it kinking, I dunno if it is factory routing, but it works. Short section then 90 off the fuel tap, into the filter, then out the filter across and 90 into the carb inlet pipe.
ZoneAdmin
Site Admin

Post by ZoneAdmin »

New fuel tap delivered and fitted. I will use the old repaired tap for a spare tank I have. I also bought new airbox to carb ducts and a few other parts. The difference in new soft rubber compared to the old ones is amazing.
New parts
New parts
Refurbishment of brake calipers and cylinders is next on the list for my C3. :)
Regards
Dennis